How It Ends

Chapter Three.

I didn't notice as the hot cup of coffee fell out of my hand, or how it landed on my foot, the lid splitting in half, liquid rushing out of the cracks.

I didn't notice as Daniela sprung out of her hair to try and catch the cascading coffee, or as she shook my shoulders furiously.

"Adelyn."

My eyes locked in place, and all I could notice was him.

Somewhere in the reminices of my mind, it reminded me of a photo I once took for photography class. The image was focused on one sole person, a woman who was gardening, and the rest of the picture was blurred out. You could barely make out the business of the rest of the scene, the other persons who had just happened to be there when I had taken the picture. Mere coincidence.

Only this didn't feel like coincidence.

It felt like an explosion. All of the things I had pushed out of my mind, all the emotions I had left behind when he left flooded back.

I stood up out of the chair, kicking the cup of forgotten coffee off of my foot, and ran towards the door of the coffee shop.

"Hey, Adelyn! I didn't even see you!"

His voice.

I had forgotten that too.

I froze.

Every ounce of my body, every fiber and nerve, screamed at me to turn around and follow the sound.

I almost started choking.

"Adelyn!"

My hand was still on the door, my brain waiting for a signal to push it open. And I still didn't.

I could hear footsteps behind me, and that was when I ran.

I ran all the way home, my lungs burning with pain, and my legs numb by the time I reached my front yard.

Collapsing onto the front yard, a tear ran down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i was going through all my stories, and i realized that this WAS NOT a oneshot like i thought it was >.<

and i feel really bad. so there's a new chapter :]
for you :]

:rainbow of candy: thats for you too.