‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 1-Hex

Stupid bowl of soup, I told myself as I walked down the dirt road, both hands holding a steaming bowl of soup. I walked, half-way between being away and being completely asleep, towards the graveyard; why? Because I had a favor to pay off.

The single road ended and branched out three different ways. One was towards the left that ended outside the outskirts of the forests into the vast open land, the one towards the right that followed the forest and then be completely disappear in the vast foliage, and the middle road, which ended a short distance from a gate, and then the graveyard that Connor, Frank, Tina and the other lost souls and motionless bodies laid in.

I sighed and kicked the fence open, softly, so it wouldn’t bang against the actual fence, or so it wouldn’t wake the haunted and lonely souls. I sat down, back against Connor’s headstone, placed his on the side of it and started to eat, “Hey, Connor,” I sighed between mouthfuls of food.

The sun casted white light against the ground and so I looked up the blue sky- a shadow fell over me.

“Hey, Hex.”

I looked up at the shady figure and went back to eating, “Hey, Connor,” I stopped and looked at him.

“Ha, stop looking at me like I’m a dead man, Hexagram. I mean, come on,” he laughed and I rubbed my eyes, not really believing that he was alive.