‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 12-Connor

“Go over there, Connor.”

I followed Hex’s orders and waited. Everyone had grown quiet as I landed in the arena, as if they didn’t believe in me.

“Hey, all of you! I’m here to tell you about one thing! You’re all about to experience the greatest battle of your life!” Hex yelled, and everyone cheered, “The battle is between me and the one, the only, Connor!”

The cheers took a few minutes but they happened. Loud, happy, joyful, but I felt like something, or someone, was missing, Whatever, I laughed.

“But there’s a few things I have to say,” Hex continued, “I want to thank Andy and Eddy, who couldn’t be here right now because they’re the ones who keep the school going. Now, Nick, get your ass down here!”

Nick dropped down from the stands and pushed his way into the area Hex and I were in. “Good luck...”

I winked at him and Hex grinned, “Okay, Connor, here’s the deal. We’re playing three games, or three fights. I’ll choose your power and you’ll choose mine.” He played with his fingers.

“Okay,” I said, grinning, “any power, right?”

“Yes!” Hex grinned. I looked at my fingers and traced the word ‘wood’ as it melted onto the top of my fingers. This is going to be fun.