‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 13-Hex

I smiled and studied the ‘fire’ word, letter by letter on my fingers, binding and purring on my light skin.

“The rules are simple,” Nick started, after taking a long breath, “each opponent chooses the other’s Elemental Power. The first one down for twelve seconds loses. Understood?”

“Yes,” I laughed and looked at Connor who looked confused.

“I got most of it,” Connor answered and looked at Nick, “you can choose any elemental power, right?”

“Correct,” Nick answered and thought for a moment.

“Come on, Connor,” I laughed then he laughed.

“Fine, Hexagram!” He yelled, sarcastically and I grinned.

Holding up my hand, still fisted, I kept my grin on my face. He followed my lead, “Show what you choose.” I let my fingers go and Connor did the same. “Hex chooses fire for Connor and Connor chooses wood for Hex!”

I gritted my teeth, damn it. How’d I get the god damn wood one?

“I heard that, Hexagram,” Connor laughed and I clenched my fist again.

“Well, I bet you don’t hear this!” I yelled back as Nick wandered to the side.

“Go ahead, - Aller!”

Connor started, “Fire ball!” he copied Nick’s fireball move and headed at me with them.

“Wood shield!” I held my hands up. They turned brown and hard and Connor hit them head on. He retreated a few feet and my hands turned back, “damn fire…”