‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 14-Connor

Breathing- I didn’t need it. My eyes were on one thing; to win the three games against my best friend. The only thing I didn’t want to do was hurt him.

“Come on, Connor! Is that all you got?”

Never in a million years will I ever be THAT weak, I gritted my teeth as he came at me, “You’re going to have to forgive me,” I whispered, “Hex, I’ll win!”

I clenched my fist and that power I had seven years ago, when I fought Jimmy, came back to me. I felt my hair go up and my body warming up. Hex grew closer and finally, after a minute, our fists collided. I felt his skin against mine and my reflections kicked in. I grabbed his hand with my free one and he struggled, out of shock.

I grasped, harder, and he squirmed and yelped. I couldn’t stop. I threw him and he landed on the ground, “Fist of Fire!” a large crack broke open and I lifted my hand and fire, “rise!”

Fire spat up from the ground and everything went bright. The smoke and fire disappeared, and I dropped to my knees, holding my left arm. Hex was face down, motionless, and his shirt and pants were dusty from ashes.

“Ten, eleven, twelve, Connor wins round one!” Nick yelled, “Hex, still alive over there?”

After a minute, Hex got up, “Heh, that, I wasn’t expecting,” he clenched his fist after drawing letters on his fingers, “let’s start round two!”

“Fine,” Nick said, “round two! Choose your power!”

Water, I told myself and laughed, “I’m ready.”

“Same here!” Hex yelled and held his hand out. I followed and Nick sighed.

“Show ‘em!” Nick yelled and I let my fingers show the word I chose. Hex did the same and Nick continued, “Water for Hex and Air for Connor!”

“Perfect!” I whispered and Nick said the word to go.

I waited for Hex to start.