‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 15-Hex

This was personal-somehow it jus was. My entire body hurt but that didn’t matter. I had to beat Connor- whether or not he was stronger than me.

The movement of the stadium was motionless- Connor didn’t even move. I was still waiting; maybe Connor wants me to start? Maybe he’s figuring out stuff in his disturbed head of his!

“I said aller- you can go now,” Nick broke the quietness.

“Come on, Hex, I know you want to hurt me- now’s your chance,” Connor laughed, he seemed unaware that he had millions of people watching him.

“Fine-“I laughed and went at him, “you lose, Connor!”

My arm went through his chest- Water rocks, I smiled and he gasped for air, He wasn’t expecting that.

“That’s good, Hex,” Connor laughed, “but I KNOW you can do much better than that.”

He grabbed me by the stomach, spun me, and let go. I went flying through the air and landed face first on the ground.

Jesus Christ, I thought as I heard Nick counting.

“Twelve- Connor wins round two!”

I dropped my head and pushed myself up. I played with my fingers and wrote “water” on them.

“Show your choices!” Nick sighed and Connor held up his hand, the word “earth” on his fingers. I showed mine- this time I had the advantage.

“Ready? Aller!” Nick yelled and round three started. I hit the ground and Connor fell backwards. Nick laughed lightly and continued, “Hex wins round three! Of majority wins, Connor wins the battle!”

The cheers happened and I fell onto my back. I shut my eyes and took shallow breaths.