‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 16-Connor

“Hexagram, you okay?” I asked as I stood over his sleeping body. He squinted at me and I grinned.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“That’s good-“ I sighed as I peered around the, now empty, seats. I actually wondered how many people where watching Hex and I earlier, fighting our asses off.

“I guess,” Hex said as I helped him to his feet, and then wiped off the blood from his hands.

“What time is it, Hex?” I asked, looked around for a clock.

He sighed and answered, “Six thirty,” he looked at me, “why?”

“Just wondering,” I sighed, pushed my way through the shield and wandered out the doors.

I sat off the edge of the cliff, the wind blowing around my hand.

“Hey, Connor,” I turned around and smiled at Barbod.

“Hey, Barby, what’s happening?”

“Um, I have someone you need to meet, again,” he answered and I pondered what he meant by ‘again’. He took a step to the side to show a young girl behind him.

“Holy… shit,” I couldn’t believe what I saw- I wanted to cry my heart out, “it can’t be you… you’re… you’re…”

She ran up to me and hugged me. I, slowly, hugged back, now truly crying and now truly amazed she never died. “Tina… I… I… I can’t believe it…”

“Can’t believe it, huh, Connor? How was Halloween?”

“I… I… I never did it…”

I hugged her harder, tighter, and I couldn’t stop- I didn’t want to stop. I loved Tina, I always did, and I couldn’t lose her again now that she’s back in my arms. I didn’t want to let her go. I kissed her forehead and whispered something into her ear, “Never do that to me again, okay?”

“Okay,” she responded as we hugged each other. Barbod wandered away.