‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 17-Barbod

Once again, I was stuck in the stupid class that talked about nothing; oh, but wait, it DID talk about something. “How to stay “appropriate” with your po”ers" was the class’s name. I started to think to myself.

“Barbod,” I looked up.

“What?”

“Stop daydreaming and answer my question.”

“What question?”

“Point taken, class, when fools don’t listen. Maybe he’ll start me on fire as he did with his mother.”

I clenched my fist but knew I shouldn’t do anything about it, “Be quiet, Nick.” I said and he looked at me.

Even though Nick is five years older than me, he’s still my best friend, who, unfortunately, teaches one of my classes. “What’d you say, Barbod?”

“I said be quiet,” I answered and he put his face next to mine. His features were sharp and hiss brown eyes were too.

“Ya know, Barbod,” he said, “that’s not very nice.”

“What are you going to do about it?” I shot out.

“Go to the office,” he said, “right to the office to see my big brother.”

“Fine,” I mumbled and headed towards the door. My eye caught her again. The beautiful blond who’s so popular, she’s the coolest eighteen year old in school. I’m cool too, I told myself I mean, I’ve trained WITH Connor- what’s cooler than that?

“Go, Barbod!” Nick yelled and I disappeared out the door. My face felt slightly hot and I sighed.