‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 20-Melissa

“Class, we’ll be fighting one verse one in the arena, but only those who signed up for the contest will fight. The rest will watch,” my teacher said and the whole room shuffled out the door. Kayla snickered at two or three people and I did, too. I stood up and followed Kayla through the hallway and into the grand arena.

As we entered, we sat on the ground around the shielded fighting arena. We were joined by Connor and Tina, who sat in the upper seats of Black, and Nick who pushed through the other side’s door, followed by Barbod. I blinked, “Hey, Mel, it’s our teacher. Wonder what he’s doing with the trouble maker.”

“I don’t know, nor do I care,” I responded, both the guys walking towards us.

“Hey, um, do you think we can use the stadium for a bit?” Nick asked my teacher.

“Sure,” she said, “Everyone into the seats and get ready to watch. Nicholas, do you need a judge?”

“Yeah, Barbod gets to choose though,” Nick laughed and Barbod turned red, “who’s it going to be, Barb?”

He didn’t answer but just pointed at one of us. That person was me. “Melissa, you’re going to be the judge, understood?”

“Yes, ma’am,” I sighed and joined the boys in the arena. Connor still sat in the stadium’s seats, head in one hand and bored look on his face, “Ready?”

“Yeah,” Nick laughed and Barbod shook his head. He was quiet again, like usual, and why is he so quiet?

“We’re doing one round, right, Nick?” he whispered.

“Yes, and we’re using our regular powers,” Nick responded.

“Okay,” he whispered and I blinked.