‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 21-Barbod

Why did I choose HER of all people? I asked myself, keeping my eyes on Nick instead, Stupid me… stupid, stupid, stupid.

Shut up, Barby, I looked up at Connor in the stands. He winked and I sighed, you like her, oh well…

Be quiet, Connor, I looked at Nick.

“Good luck, boys,” Melissa said and Nick smiled, “get ready.”

“Hey, Barb, take your sunglasses off,” Nick laughed.

“Don’t push it, Nicky,” I whispered and shut my eyes, “don’t try to get them off, either, you’ll fail.”

“Want to bet?” Nick asked, “Melissa, be kind enough to start up.”

“Huh? Oh, um, aller.”

I opened my eyes to watch Nick kick off at me, “Damn you, Barb,” he said and I stood there. I felt his fingers slip through my body, gratefully as if I wasn’t there. I looked at his face, smiling, until I grabbed his arm, pulled him into me, spun him around and threw him across the arena. He pushed himself up and laughed, half-heartedly, “Got your glasses, Barb.”

He was right. The whole time I’ve had my eyes set on winning I never thought once of my sunglasses. I blinked at them all, through my eyes, now uncovered from my sunglasses, especially towards Melissa. I grabbed my sunglasses, hatefully, from Nick and disappeared. I didn’t want anyone to see my eyes and Nick should’ve known that.