‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 24-Melissa

Barbod pulled me past still, motionless bodies. He somehow stopped time, maybe he’s a legendary Elementalist, I told myself, gradually getting closer to the door, just like Connor.

Time spun out and Barbod pulled me through the doors as the world started again. He whispered something to himself and we both took a long breath, both falling onto the ground. He smiled at me.

“You okay?” he asked, taking another long breath in the cold air.

“Yeah, but,” I looked at him, he pushed his sunglasses back to his bright orange-red and black eyes, “how’d you do that?”

“Everyone has secrets, Melissa,” he answered and he pulled me to my feet, “it’s a ten minute walk to Connor’s…”

“Okay,” I answered.

“Oh, shit, stay hidden at the edge of the forest ‘til I come back, okay?”

“Yeah,” he disappeared and I slipped into the forest. He soon reappeared, took my hand and pulled me through it; I smiled to myself and looked at him. He had his sunglasses off and smiled, small, and looked at me.

“What?” he asked, looking at me, sort of distantly; He smiled and pulled him into a yard of grass, flowers and a large lighted house.

“Nothing,“ I giggled and he knocked on the wooden door.

“Okay, then.”