‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 28-Melissa

I ran back to the school, quickly, so I could ponder what I saw. I was inquisitive to the fight and I wanted to know his other Elemental Power. Why is he so cut yet so though? I fell onto my bed and sighed. The competition crept closer and I should’ve practiced more I still have time… I just have to tell Barbod that we need to stop seeing each other; just for the time being.

I sighed and looked at my room, not fully decorated but somewhat decorated. I sighed again and looked at my ceiling, closing my eyes after a minute Yeah; I’ll just tell him that we need to stop seeing each other… just for the time being so I can practice.

I opened my eyes, got changed into my pajamas and climbed back into bed, soon to be fast asleep.

The next morning, I woke up and I was still lying in bed. It was a little after nine, and if there was school on Saturday I would’ve been late. A knocked echoed through my room and I sighed. Slowly getting up, I wrapped my blanket around me and headed to the door. I opened it and smiled tiredly, “Hey, Barbod.”

“Hey, Mel,” he said and wrapped his arms around me, “sorry about yesterday.”

“Why are you sorry?” I asked, sort of confused, “I should be the sorry one, not you!”

He sighed and looked at me and he blankly looked back at the wall. I looked at him and sighed myself, “Listen, we need to talk.”

“About what?” he asked, blankly. He looked at me and I sighed. The hallway was empted and I pulled him into my room.

“Since the tournament is coming up, I think we should stop seeing each other.”

He blinked under his sunglasses and tilted his head. He was confused. I could tell by his facial expression and his voice, “Why?”

“I need to practice, too, and I want to still be your girlfriend but…”

“You still want to go against me and still love me but you can’t do both at the same time,” Barbod quietly answered, “I got ya.”

“Okay,” I sat him on my bed and sat on his lap, “just don’t be mad.”

“I still love you,” he said as he kissed me. I blushed and then looked blankly at him before returning his kiss.

I hope you do, I told myself and he pulled away from me. I looked at him, sadly, and he smiled.

“Mel,” he whispered, “I’ll love you, forever and always. So as soon as we end the tournament, we’ll get together, okay?”

“Okay,” I said and helped him up. He smiled and hugged me before disappearing. I smiled at myself and fell on my bed; the spot where Barbod sat was warm, still.

“Melissa.”

“What?!”

I blinked, “Sorry, Vlad, I didn’t know who it was,” I giggled, “but what do you want?”

Vlad’s voice started again. I wasn’t sure what his elemental power was, but I didn’t care, “Did you dump that fool?”

“No, Vlad,” I sighed- Vlad claimed to be my “step father” but I knew he wasn’t.

“Why not, Melissa?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“None of your business,” I got up and wandered out after getting dressed. Vlad sighed and, even though I couldn’t see him, I felt his eyes following me.

“Yes it is,” he said as I walked the deserted hallway.

“It is not! Now go away!” I yelled and he did, “thank you.”