‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 29-Nick

I sighed and picked up the intercom’s microphone for the school. Connor was asleep on the couch, his arm over his eyes, and Hex was doing stuff to finish for the up-coming Elemental tournament, which I was head of. Tina giggled at me and I looked at her; I still couldn’t believe she was alive and still as beautiful as our mother.

“Come on, Nick,” she giggled again and I blinked. She held the button down.

“Hello, everyone, and sorry for the interruption,” I started, “but I, Nick, need to state the rules for the competition,” Connor looked at me and went back to sleep, “The start of the tournament will start today, at seven PM sharp, no later, and anyone who is apart of this competition should report to the arena at three PM sharp, or they will forfeit their positions. I will randomly be putting the teams, or one on one battles, together myself, so if you don’t report, you’ll lose. There will be interruptions throughout the day with whom against whom,” I stopped. I was done.

“And thanks for listening,” Tina giggled into the intercom and I picked her up. “Nick, can I tell you something?”

“Of course you can,” I smiled and she looked at Connor. I put her down and she ran out the doors.

“Come on, I need to show you it outside near the cliff!”

I smiled at my beautiful eleven year old sister again and followed her outside.

Tina looked at me, “I want to show you this and not Connor,” she said, “Because if I show Connor he’ll forbid me to do it again.”

“Okay,” I shifted and looked at her. She took my hand.

“Ready?”

“Yes,” I answered. She, still holding my hand and pulling me along, walked blankly off the cliff, “Tina why did you…”

“Shush,” Tina said and sat on the air, but it wasn’t air. It was a platform of solid, clear stuff. “Nick, have you ever heard of the two hidden Elementalist Powers? Inferno and Aether?”

“Of course, Tina,” I answered, seeing as I’ve read about it plenty of times before.

“Well, I think mom was a saint,” I looked at her.

“Why do you say that?”

Tina looked at me and grinned, “She told me.”

“How’d mom tell you if she’s dead?”

Tina giggled, “You can’t feel her watching you right now? I see her, she’s always watching you, and Connor, and the twins. She’s always around Dad, and a boy with blond hair and two women, one with brown hair and one with purple-gray hair.” I stared at her.

“You need to tell Connor,” was all I said.

“No,” she answered.

“Yes, you do!” I picked her up and headed back to solid ground.

“NO!” She yelled and I felt the platform break. We started to fall.

“Tina!? Are you retarded?! You want to kill us?!” I let go of her and we continued to fall.

“Nick a hand, Nick?” I looked up at Barbod on the cliff and laughed. Tina made her platform and stood there watching me fall. I fell faster towards the ground, head first.

“Oh shit,” I yelled, tightly shutting my eyes, I’m dead!

“No you aren’t,” Connor said as all movement stopped. I slowly opened my eyes, “You okay?”

“Yeah,” I answered and Connor put me on the ground, “but we have a freak of a sister!”

Connor shrugged, “What’s new with it? Dad was the legendary one before his brothers; Hex and his brother have Elemental powers, Rach has them, and that bitch of our cousin did too. David, Jimmy and you have elemental powers so I wouldn’t be surprised if Tina got them, too.”

“Connor,” I looked at him and he looked at me, “how’d you get down here if you were just sleeping up there?”

“I didn’t,” he laughed, “wake up, Nick.”

Wake up. Those words were so foreign to me. “Nick! Come on, Bro! Wake up!” that voice, it was so familiar. “Please…” My head hurt and then, the world I saw when black. Someone shook my shoulders, violently, and I opened my eyes. Connor sighed deeply, and gave me a look, “you okay there, Nick?”

I sat up and Connor pushed me back down onto the couch, “stay down. Go sleep.”

“What do you mean “Go sleep,” Connor?” I looked at him.

“You passed out. You talked about the tournament, started to walk and just fell. I’m amazed the hit didn’t leave a mark in your head.”

“Hit...?”

Connor rolled his eyes, “you hit your head on the edge of my desk when you fell. Now, go and rest when I get you something to drink. Don’t get up and wander around. Got it?”

“Sure,” I answered and Connor disappeared. I looked at Tina, “Hey, Tina…”

“What?” she asked and wandered over to me. Her face was wet from crying.

“If you ever see mom or dad don’t tell me, tell Connor, okay?”

She gave me an odd look and shook her head, “Okay.”

“Promise me, Tina!”

“Fine, Nick! I promise!” she looked at me, “but I want to tell you first.”

“Tell me after Connor,” I sighed and hugged her, “just remember I’m trying to protect you.”

“I know,” she responded and hugged me back. Connor threw an icepack at me and I sighed. I knew I should get sleep but I didn’t sleep; I never have. I passed out.