‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 3-Hex

Connor- that name no longer hurt or burned my tongue- nor did it sound funny when I said it. I was scared to be him, seeing as I grew more than he did. I’m not amazed,
I told myself, swear to Frank I’m not.

I blinked and started to walk out, back towards town and Connor’s house, “Hey! Where are you going, Hex!?”

“Home,” I stopped and turned around to face him, “are you coming?”

He got up and walked towards me, taking his time, as if he never walked in over two months. He smiled at me, “What?”

I looked at him and hugged him. He stared, blankly, at me. Finally, after I’ve been hugging him for, at least, three minutes, he hugged me back, “Glad your back, Connor.”

“Yeah, yeah,” he mumbled, “you can let go of me now.”

I smiled, hidden from him, and let go. “Oh, sorry,” I laughed and started to run before he could hurt me.

“Hex! Get back here!” Connor yelled, a good distance behind me.

“Never, Connor!” I yelled back as he disappeared from my view.

Connor hasn’t gotten me yet, I told myself as I sat in the shade of a tree, hidden from view of the path; it’s a good thing, though. Maybe he’ll stop pounding me then.

“Hex, I know where you are! I can hear your thoughts!” Connor yelled from the path. I stifled a small laugh under my breath.

Then go to hell, I thought, laughed again, then started to run again.

“You douche bag! I’m going to kill you!” he yelled, taking off after me, “air tornado!”

Connor tackled me, head on and we both hit the ground head first.

“Hex!” I looked at him with large, sorrow-filled eyes.

“Ha, sorry, Connor,” I laughed, “but how’d you read my mind?”

“To tell you the truth, Hex,” he said, “I truly don’t know,” he sighed and looked at me, “but when I’m bored I can read anyone’s mind. I’ve read Nick’s before, and clearly, he HASN’T been sleeping, ever. I need to burn his stupid motive books…”

“Can you please get off me?!” I yelled, squirming under him. He smiled and helped me up, “Thank you.”