‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 30-Melissa

Sweat beaded down my face, slowly. I was hot but I knew that if I stopped training I would be weak, Never, I told myself, I’ll be the champion.

Vlad looked at me, icily, and chuckled evilly, “Come on, Melissa, you can do better!”

I looked at him and pushed myself harder. I didn’t know what he was doing, or trying, to get me to do, but it hurt.

“Do you feel the pain, Darling? Do you fell all your hatred bottling up?” Vlad asked, moving my hair away from my neck and face and continued in a whisper into my ear, “Do you feel as if your body is going to explode?”

“Yes,” I answered, tiredly. My body felt as if it was going to explode any moment. I pushed myself more, “Why are you doing this?!”

“To make you stronger,” Vlad answered, his face strung with no expression on it. I looked t him and felt my body stop. I fell and he looked at me, his cold eyes beading me with anger.

“Oh, I have to go, Vlad,” I answered, “and I do believe the contest starts in an hour.”

As soon as Vlad disappeared I felt my body function normally again. I rubbed my hands, changed and wandered out.

Passing everyone in the halls, Kayla joined me, “Ya heard?” she asked.

“About what?” I asked back.

“They postponed the tourney because the judge passed out or something.”

I looked at her, oddly, “really?”

“Yes,” Kayla responded and winked at me, “all classes are cancelled today, too.”

“Cool,” I said and sighed. The intercom went off, Nick talked calmly on it.

“The tournament will begin in ten minutes. Please be prompt for warm ups and the actual tournament will begin in thirty minutes. Be prompt and ready or you automatically be disqualified.”

“Coming with me, Kayla?”

“Nah,” she shook her head, “I’m not playing. I’m watching all the losers cry,” he laughed and started to walk away, “good luck, though!”

I headed towards the arena.