‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 31-Nick

Barbod, Tina and Connor stared at me. I looked at them, “What?”

“You sure you’re alright?” Barbod asked, looking inquisitively at me. I nodded.

“Yes, Barb,” I answered as Connor shook his head.

“Positive?” Barbod asked again and I shook my head.

“Yes,” I answered for a second time and Connor looked at me, boredly.

“What would you do,” he started, and then stalled, “if I told you your head was bleeding?”

“Huh?” I rubbed my head and looked at my bloody fingers, “what the hell?” Connor shook his head and wandered out. I followed him, after wiping my hands on my pants, “Connor! Wait up!”

“Why, Nick?” Connor asked, sticking his hands into his pockets. I walked with him, I still felt the blood rolling and dripping down my face; I didn’t care.

“What’s your problem, Connor? You’ve been a total impudent bitch lately,” I stepped in front of him and he scowled at me.

“Get out of my way, Nicholas!” He clenched his fist as he took it out of his pocket. He stared at me with cold, hard eyes. I never saw my brother like this.

“Connor,” I coughed and took a step back from him, “I need to tell you something.”

“What?” He shot out and I gulped quietly to myself.

“One, Connor, are you okay? Two, I think Tina has an Elemental Power…”

“So?”

“So?! You selfish, impudent bastard! You don’t care! I bet you’ve NEVER cared!” I clenched my fist and he scowled at me, again.

“Your words don’t hurt me, you selfish and shrewd brother of mine. You KNOW I’ve cared, I always will. And I will as long as you don’t move, I’ll continue to be an impudent bastard,” his words hurt. I flinched.

“Why, Connor? Where are you going?” I had to ask.

“Something is going to happen. Now, run along and play with your stupid tourney,” he violently pushed me out of his way and disappeared. I rubbed my head, sighed, and headed back towards the office to grab Tina and Barbod.