‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 32-Melissa

There were, in counting, about sixty-five people gathered around the stadiums wall. No one was in the seats, not even Connor. Up in the cat-walk, the lights flickered on and off and then died. The odors opened and Nick, Tina and Barbod walked through. Barbod waved to me and I quietly smiled then looked at Nick who stood in the middle of the arena. “Everyone,” I took a close look at him. He had blood slowly running down his head, “The competition will start in exactly at seven-thirty PM, which is in twenty minute from now. You’re all already matched with your opponent. Use this time to warm up, get a fast snack and get a bottle of water.”

He walked off and wiped his head with the inside of his shirt and grinned at Barbod, I sighed and smiled to myself. I’ll make my plan now, I told myself, anyways, this’ll be and awesome way to get stronger.

“Hey, Mel,” I looked up at Barbod who smiled at me, “Nick wanted me to tell you that you’re the first round.”

“Oh, really? Against who?”

He shrugged, “Nick just told me to tell you that you’re going first,” he outstretched his hand, “good luck, and don’t lose. I want to go all out with you.”

I blinked, took his hand and grinned, “And no matter what happens, we’re still lovers.”

“True,” he smiled and waved, “Remember to beat them,” he wandered away. I smiled and laughed quietly as the seats filled.

“Welcome, one and all, to the first tourney of Connor’s L’ecole of Elemental Powers!” Nick yelled into a microphone, “Now, if you all will be quiet while I give thanks to the best family I could have, ‘cause they helped make this school!”

Everyone went quiet, I sighed. I was nervous but I was still going to do it, “Hex, my cousin, David, Jimmy and Connor, my brothers, Charlie and ‘Metal Freak’, also my cousins, and Rach, my best friend and I’m proud to have her as a cousin. Tina, my baby sister, and Andy and Eddy, my uncles, but last but not least,” he stopped, “my dad, Frank, who wanted to have this school, and last but not least, to you guys, who stay and love your powers! Now, are you all ready to start this thing?!”

The arena filled with pandemonium, fast paced, loud and joyful, “That’s right!”

I went zoned for a minute and Barbod pushed me, “Are you just going to stand there? He called you!”

“I know,” I laughed and climbed up on the arena’s stage. I faced my opponent, who was a tall sturdy boy, with long, brown hair that fell into his yellow eyes.

“Choose your powers!” Nick yelled and the kid held his fingers up. I traced “Earth” on my fingers and held them up, “Fire vs. Earth. Three downs or one down for thirty seconds loses,” he took a step back, “begin!”

“Earth Wave!” The kid slammed his foot on the ground and a wave of earth came at me. I fell blankly on my back. I heard Nick counting and Barbod’s voice.

“Come on Mel,” he yelled, “You can’t lose now!”
I back flipped up as another wave came at me.

“Fire, water, earth, air,” I mumbled, held my hands out and pushed the wave back.

“Fire blast!’

The wave shattered and a blast of fire hit the boy head on. He fell to the ground, motionless, and black smoke flowed up from his body.

“That’s thirty! Melissa wins!”
I blinked, “Ha,” I laughed, waved to everyone and dropped down, ‘and this is only the first round.”

Barb hugged me.

“Good job.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

He grinned and wandered away.