‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 33-Nick

Originally... this chapter DID exist. But... it didn't in the printed version so this is what I have of the written version. Anyways, here you go:

I looked to the crowd, and then up to Hex, who sat in the cat walk, and looked solmnly at me. "Listen, everyone," I said, into the microphone, "we're going to have a seven minute break, so go get drinks and use the bathroom." I disappeared in a flash of smoke and fire and looked at Hex, "What's up?"

"Have you seen your brother, lately? Ya know.. my best friend?" Hex asked, looking at me with a blank and empty expression on his face.

"Not since earlier," I sighed, and looked down to the people moving about, "why?"

"He disappeared. Have you noticed that he's not here?" Hex tilted his head and looked at his father. I looked at Eddy and he grinned.

"Wasn't he pissed earlier?" Eddy asked. I nodded.

"What's new with Connor being pissed?" I asked, laughing. Hex laughed, too, as Eddy shrugged his shoulders.

"Did he tell you where he was going?" Hex asked, looking at me. I gave him a look.

"No. He just cussed me out and said something bad was going to happen," I answered, slightly sighing. Hex sighed, too, and Eddy was the one who laughed this time.

"Knowing Connor, he likes to get himself into the trouble, correct?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah! You're so right, Uncle Eddy!"

Ni.... Nick?...

I looked at Hex, and then to Eddy, and then sighed, Nick... it's me... Connor... I need your help...

I rubbed my head, I had a major headache again. I felt my body become numb and heavy, "You okay, Nick?"

I didn't respond. My head was pounding, I felt numb, and the world was blurry. Hex grabbed my sweater as I got up, "You're NOT going anywhere!" he said. I freed myself with a violent pull, toppled backwards off the cat walk, and hit the ground. My body was numbed, as if someone gave me too much novicane, and I saw, dizzly, Hex jumping down, in the mist of the smoke. He helped me sit up, and he announced something, all I heard was those same lines.

Help me, Nick.... please...

The arena went quiet, as in everyone disappearing. I let my numb and heavy body fall as Hex laid me down and I passed out.