‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 34-Melissa

I was pumped for the next round but, alas, the tourney was on hold. Barbod hesitantly jumped up onto the stage and ran to Nick and Hex. Everyone was piled out of the arena and I climbed up onto the massive stage and ran towards them.

“Is he going to be alright?” I asked, sort of sympathetic of Barbod’s best friend.

“He might be,” Barbod sighed, and wandered out slowly. I looked at Hex and Nick, sighed and ran out to catch Barbod.

“Barbod!” He looked at me, longingly, and hugged me, I hugged back, “Are you okay?”

“Yes,” he answered; I didn’t believe him, “Nick’s my best friend; almost my brother- damn it! I need to get out of here, something’s going down! Badly,” his sunglasses fell off and shattered on the floor, his usual red-orange eyes tinted more red than orange, almost a brown, “come with me, Mel, please. Come help me find him!”

“Who’s him, Barbod?” I asked. Hex wandered out, Nick limping beside him.

Barbod looked at me like I was crazy, like I didn’t know who “him” was. “Mel, listen to me,” Barbod whispered, “we need to find Connor; we need to find who has Connor.”

I looked at Nick, who was only half awake, rubbed his head, scowled at me and cussed.

“God damn it! If you don’t know who “him” is then you don’t need to come,” he pushed Hex away and limped down the hallway, Hex closely following behind. Barbod shook his head at me and rand off to follow Nick and Hex.

I sighed, bent down and picked up Barbod’s shattered sunglasses and wandered away, thinking of what the boys meant.