‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 35-Nick

I limped, coldly, towards the rooms where the people stayed while studying at the school. I didn’t care that my head was bloody or pounding, or that my entire body hurt, I forced myself towards where my brother was, or where he disappeared; I was sorry I doubted him, “Nick?!” I looked at Connor’s imaginative figure, “What are you doing?”

“Saving you,” I answered and someone grabbed me.

“Nick! Get a hold of yourself!”

I looked at Hex, who held me on one arm and Barbod held the other. I was kneeling on the ground and I looked in front of me.

“What the hell are you doing, Nick?” Hex asked as he and Barbod pulled me to my feet.

“I need… I need to…” I stumbled. I was sweaty and felt pale.

“Nick,” I looked out in front of me from Hex and saw Connor, “Give up- you won’t find me.”

“Hex, let me go,” I pulled my arm from him and Barbod released me, “I need to find the dick that has my brother!”

“Jesus,” Hex sighed, “Nick, I’m going to call Jimmy. Barbod, make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid."

“Sure,” Barbod answered, I had my back towards them and stumbled towards the figure of Connor. He disappeared behind the door and stopped.

“Barbod,” I held my hand on the doorknob, “whose room is this?”

“Huh? Oh,” he looked closely at it, “Oh! That’s Mel’s room!”

“Well,” I answered, “Connor went behind this door; you can feel it, can’t you?”

His red-orangey eyes stared at the door, “Yes.”

“Are you coming with me?”

He was hesitant again, “Yes.”

“Okay. Come on.”

I pushed the door open and I felt my head pound harder than it was. Connor’s figured smiled at me and then disappeared, good job, little bro.

Barbod dropped to the floor and I blacked out- my head hurt like hell.