‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 38-Melissa

I yawned as I lay in a bed and looked at the ceiling. Vlad said, to me, of course, that he would be done with his “presentation” in two hours. I sighed, why is he so mysterious?

“You know,” I knew that voice; “this room belonged to an awesome friend years ago. She’s all grown up now, though.”

I sat up and saw Connor leaning in the doorway, “What do you want?”

“Nothing,” he yawned, “what do you know of your so called, “Mystery Person”?”

“Huh? Wait, why do you want to know?” I asked. He came in and grabbed me by the shirt.

“Because he wants to kill every damned Elementalist. Me, my brothers, you and even Barbod! Don’t think you’re the only one who’s had a bad story and life.”

“His words,” I said, “they knew who did it! You lie!”

“I don’t lie,” Connor’s grip became tighter, “but you need to learn to not trust strangers!”

“Why don’t you let her go?”

“Vlad?” I looked from Vlad’s face to Connor’s smiling face.

“Why don’t you make me?” he asked, pulling me off the bed and held me between himself and Vlad, “you wouldn’t hurt her, now, would you?”

He’s confident… maybe a little too much, Vlad laughed at Connor, grinned, darkly, and held his hand out, “Inferno Grasp.”

A spit of fire happened and I fell to the floor as Connor’s grip gave out. I saw a long, spiral rope ranged from Vlad’s hand all the way to Connor’s chest. “Heh, you think that’s going to stop me?! I’m legendary, remember?!”

“On the contrary, Connor,” Vlad spoke easily, as if his mood was unchangeable, “I, too, am a legendary Elementalist, yet, child, I am stronger than you.”

“Prove it, Bastard!” Connor grabbed the rope and pulled but nothing happened, “And I am not a child!”

I watched as someone grabbed me, their soft hands holding me close, “its okay, Mel, it’s just me.”