‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 4-Connor

Wow, that’s odd, I heard Hex say, not through his mouth but through his numb skull of a head.

“Yeah, Hex, I know,” he looked at me oddly and I looked at him.

“Maybe you ARE a space Elementalist, too, Connor! Ever think of that?!” he yelled as we both headed through town.

“I did,” I sighed and pulled out the knife I had, hidden deep in the back of my pants and under my shirt. “Watch.” I stopped, touched a tree, its bark touched my hand, grew and wrapped around my arm. I pulled back and it became regular again. I held put the knife, threw it into the tree, which it went through easily, and landed with a “thump” on the other side. Hex disappeared between the trees, came back and handed me the knife back.

“How the hell did you do THAT?” he asked, alarmingly.

“But I’m not done, Hex!” I laughed and stretched my arm. I stretched my fingers and my skin became metallic like and hard. A long spiked metal piece shot out, reaching from my hand’s top to my shoulder. I fisted my hand and the metallic object spinned so the pointed side, which rests on my shoulder, was sticking out, about arm’s length from my shoulder.

“Holy shit!” Hex took a step back and fell onto his ass. I let go and it all disappeared except for a lone scar on the top of my hand, shaped as a star. “How’d you do that?!”

“I don’t know,” I answered, slipping the knife back into the back of my pants and headed at the town again, “man I’m tired.”

“How can you be tired if you’ve been sleeping for over a year, Connor?” Hex asked kind of trailing behind me.

“I’ve been busy, Hexagram,” I shot back, sort of annoyed, “and anyways, I’m hungry as hell still.”

“Connor, you eat too much,” he sighed, tiredly. I pondered the time.

Hex truly did grow up, I told myself and smiled.

“Oh! Connor! I have to show you something!” Hex grinned, “But when you get changed and stuff!”

“Okay,” I was unsure of what he was going to show me but I didn’t care. We turned the corner and walked into the front lawn of my house.