‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 41- Nick

“You okay, Nick?” I stared at Connor for a moment then hugged him greatly. He quietly grinned at me and then hugged back, as his eyes darted to the scene, “don’t do anything stupid, hand on, okay?” I nodded as his eyes turned grey and he slid through the wall. He let go and I blinked, “get out of here, okay?”

“Hell will I ever leave you here with… with THAT thing in the closet!”

Connor scratched his head, uninterested in the thing I saw- “You know, Connor, if you die again I’m truly going to hurt something- or really break down.”

Connor looked at me, “I know, Nick, but I can’t risk your life. You, Jimmy and David, the only three with powers…”

“Tina has powers, Connor,” I looked blankly at him and he blankly stared back.

“She does not,” he was no insisted to punch me; I could see it in his eyes.

“Connor! Nick! Help!”

“See, Connor! They need us! Get it through your head and HELP them!” I clenched fist and punched him as greatly as I could. He blinked at me, chafed his face, where the blood ran down from, and nodded, soundlessly, and smiled.

“I needed that, didn’t I?”

“For a while, now, Connor. There’s no time to talk, though, Connor,” I looked at him, my obdurate brother. He nodded again and handed me his pocket knife.

“Take this and get the others out of here. Cut the rope with this. I’ll distract the fool while you get to safety. You do know where the front door is, right?”

“Yes,” I answered, nodding my head.

“Then go right here and as FAR away from this place in three minutes after you leave the doors, okay?”

I quietly took the knife, “Yes, sir,” he winced and I laughed, “Okay, going through the wall?”

“I am… you’re going through the regular door, okay? It’ll make an easier way to get them and run. Hurry up, though. I won’t survive forever, ya know?”

I nodded and he hugged me, “Don’t die, okay, Connor? Promise me you won’t.”

“Okay,” he grinned and started to slip through the wall, “I promise.” I opened the pocket knife and slipped through the door.