‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 42- Melissa

“Mel,” I turned around to see Nick.

“What?” I asked as I turned back towards Vlad, who was being toyed by from Connor.

“Come here. We’re leaving,” he grabbed me and pulled me. I shook him off.

“No.”

“Fine,” he sighed and started to cut the rope that was connected to the blue haired girl. She hugged him, after she got free, and slipped past me.

“Melissa, if that’s your name, come on. Once Nick gets Barbod free we have two minutes to get outside.”

I shook my head, “I’m not going.” I looked to Barbod, sadly. He was busy pulling the rope from Nick’s hand and watching Vlad and Connor.

Barbod fisted his hand, as blood slowly seeped from his knuckles. I looked from him and then to Connor.

“Why the hell are you just standing there?! Run!” I looked, blankly, at him, and as soon as it happed, Nick fell to his backside. I saw why.

Where the closet was, of the room we were still in, stood a long, black figure. It stood about seven or eight feet high. I’ve heard, from Vlad, that this “thing” sucks the life, the energy, the fear, out of any Elementalist that comes in its path. It had small beady eyes, slowly eating the intruders, one by one. Its eyes stopped on Nick.