‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 42- Nick

My body numbed again. I felt as if I was staring into Death’s face. Melissa, Terry, Barbod and Connor stopped. I knew I should’ve run but my body felt as if it was pinned to the ground. Vlad laughed, as if he’d raised the Devil. The figure moved, or floated, above the ground, the beady little eyes fixed on me, as if I was a child whose parent has scolded them. I quickly, without thinking, pushed myself up backwards, Oh god, I’m dead!

“Heh,” I loved that courageous voice, I always have, ever since I head him talk when I was a child. It was my own brother, flesh and blood, casually walking between the dark, horrid figure and me, totally forgetting about Vlad, “You really think you’re going to feed on my brother like you did to my own family, such as Jerry, and his friends, like Ron? You think you’d do that when I’m here?”

The figure looked at Connor, amazed someone would walk in front of Death. Connor’s figure was majestic, as it always been, but he acted different. He had one hand in his pocket and the other hanging by his side. The monster clicked, as if laughing, and looked, with beady little eyes, at Connor.

Vlad laughed, along with his monster, “You cannot beat him, Child! He’ll suck your fear and happiness and life from you!”

“Well,” Connor took a moment to think, “I’d rather die than to watch my friends. Yet,” he took a step towards the monster and raised his hand that was out of the pocket, “I’m going to chop the damned heads off you and your monster!”

Vlad laughed, “How are you going to do that?! You have two Elemental powers!”

Now, I was sure that Vlad didn’t know my brother, at all. All Connor did was laugh and stretched his fingers as far apart from each other that they could go, sending a long piece of metal to slip out of his arm. The metal started from the back of his hand and rested about his shoulder. Vlad looked shocked and Connor clenched his fist so the metal was about an arms length from his hand where the metal came out from, “As I said, you and your damn monster are going to get your heads chopped off!”

Someone covered my mouth, pulled me to my feet and pulled me away from behind Connor, “It’s okay, Sir Nick,” only ONE person called me that and it made me smile, slightly, “it’s just me.”

Nick, that was Connor, now in my head, get them all out. Don’t worry. I PROMISE I won’t die. As I promise, on my life, a second time to you.

Sure, Bro, I looked at Rach and pulled her hand away, before telling her to grab Melissa. I pushed Terry out the door and grabbed Barbod’s arm, “Come on!”

He pulled his arm from me, “I need to see this,” I could tell he was afraid and the monster looked at him. Connor moved in front of it, “And I’m not leaving Mel.”

I looked at Rach, who was having as much trouble as I was. I sighed, grabbed Rachel’s arm and pulled her out.

“What about them?” he yelled.

“They’ll be fine as long as Connor stays alive!” I responded and pulled both of us out into the open with Terry.