‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 44- Melissa

I solemnly looked at Barbod as Connor scowled at us. He wasn’t very pleased when Rachel, Terry and Nick disappeared without us. His right arm was silver with a beautiful edge. His fist was clenched and the metal jutted out in front of his hand, like a knife and its handle.

“Well?” He asked me, “Go, already!”

“No,” that’s all I’d say.

“Why?! Don’t you know that staying here will get you to DIE faster? This… this… THING will eat your soul if you show fear!” He was almost shaking himself, but he knew I wouldn’t budge. He shrugged and grinned at the monster.

“Mel,” I looked at Barbod as he whispered my name and took my hand, “Let’s get out of here.”

“No!” I pulled my arm from him and it forced me to the ground. I held my head as blood trickled down the back of it and the room spun. Vlad looked disappointed at Connor as he lunged the monster with the slim metal growing out of his arm. The monster clicked and Connor flinched. The monster looked at him and ran a finger down his face. He went pale, grabbed the monster’s arm and froze.

“Mel!” It was Barbod again, why is he NOT leaving? He kneeled down next to me and held my bloody hand behind my head, “I’m sorry! Please! Before that thing kills us…”

He stopped talking. His firm handgrip stopped and the glasses that were ashy on the lens fell off. His face was pale, along with his now hollow brown eyes.

“Barb?” I asked and Connor looked over at me. Barbod didn’t respond but dropped his whole body onto the ground. Connor let the monster go, did a fast jump, and landed between me and Barbod.

“What’s wrong with him?” he asked, glancing between Barbod and the monster.

“I… I don’t know,” I felt depressed and afraid that Barbod might be hurt. Connor gritted his teeth.

“Heh,” he grabbed Barbod, tossed him over his shoulder and grabbed me so I couldn’t get away. He laughed, “You’ll burn in hell!”

He gripped me slightly harder and slid into the door’s frame. He grinned, evilly, and slammed his foot against the ground and the building shook. I went pale and Connor laughed, “Fire, oh great, great fire, rise up under your masters’ voice and slaughter these bastards!” he threw his right arm, that had a long scar from his hand to his sleeve of his shirt, and blood ran down it. Fire obeyed Connor, and slightly spat out fire, and then disintegrated into large, powerful flames. Connor dragged me, and Barbod, out as fast as he could.