‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 49-Nick

That week after Barbod returned to the living went by fast. I yawned and slept on his bed for a bit as Connor helped him walk around. I was grateful.

“Come on, Nick,” Connor pulled me to my feet, “time to go!”

I blinked at him and rubbed my eyes, “Huh?”

“We’re leaving!” Connor yelled and Barbod laughed. I wasn’t used to seeing him with regular eyes.

“Oh, sorry! I’m tired!” I sighed and yawned. Connor pushed me from behind, out the door and passed Melissa and Tina. I breathed in warm air, still slightly cold, “Yay! The Fresh air!”

Tina giggled and I picked her up. Melissa and Barbod grinned and held hands and Connor started out in front. I smiled to myself, “Where are we going, Connor?”

“The school,” was all he answered.

The stadium filled quickly and I knew why. They, everyone in the school, was glad that Connor, Barb and Mel where alright. Mo one cared for me, though.

“Welcome, everyone,” a boy said with his hood over his head, he sounded like Hex, “You all know why you’re here, right?”

The stadium appalled. The boy quietly smiled, “Good, now, let’s reintroduce Melissa, Barbod, Connor and Nick!”

Connor pushed me and grinned. He hugged the boy and pulled the hood off. It was Hex, but instead of grey hair he had purple. I gasped.

“Now,” he grinned, “Nick would like to say a few words!”

“I do?” he handed me the microphone and everyone stopped. Barb smiled at me, “These last three weeks have been hell,” I started, “I fell off a cliff, watched my big brother almost die, nearly lost my best friend and came face to face with Death. ‘Don’t be afraid’, someone very dear said to me, ‘you’ll never learn then’. Don’t feel sorry for what you lost, but be grateful at what you still have,” I pointed at Connor, “he, my own flesh and blood, is afraid of nothing.

“Look at what he’s done. He watched Tina be murdered, our parents, too. He’s come face to face with Death, plenty of times, and he STILL cares about his friends and family first,” I looked at all the faces, “Whatever you do, don’t ever give up,” I put the microphone down and wandered off. The claps started, one by one.