‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 6-Connor

“Nicholas, you’re a god damn liar!” I yelled and Nick jumped at the sight of me, “I’m going to burn all those god damn books if you keep reading them twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.”

He kept silent and sighed,” I told you, Connor,” he stopped. His face was as if he was hiding something, “I have been sleeping.”

He shut the booked and looked away from me, book near his chest, “And anyways, I got to go… I need to get going if I don’t want to be late.” He dashed out the door and disappeared from view out the kitchen window.

“Connor,” I looked at Hex who stood in the doorway, “hurry up and take a shower. Your room is still your room and by the time you get your damned ass down here, Charlie will have lunch made.”

“Ha, for real?” I asked and he shook his head yes. I bounded up the stairs and mumbled softly to myself.

Twenty minutes later, I was lying on my bed, the bed that I missed for a whole year, six years actually. I pushed my hair, cold and wet from water, out of my eyes and yawned. It’s such a pleasure to be home again.

“Hey, Connor,” I looked up and smiled at Sarah.

“Hey, Sarah, congrats on getting married to my best friend,” I sat up as she hugged me.

“Thanks,” she didn’t sound happy, “glad to have you back, Connor.”

“Sure,” I grinned and she pushed herself away from me.

“Hex told me you were here and I didn’t believe him. He said if I came up here to see you that he wants you to come downstairs…”

I got up and slid down the stair’s railing and walked into the kitchen. “Holy shit,” I admired all the food on the table and Charlie winked.

“Dig in, Connor.”