‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 8-Connor

The school, on the outside, didn’t look as large as it truly did on the inside. There were two large, spiral staircases on the other side of the hallway, grand large white staircases that led up and down through the building. On both sides of the hallways where a mix of doors and lockers and branching off hallways, and all the doors grew silent as the soft bell rang and kids, of all different ages, slipped back into a class.

“So, Connor,” Hex said, breaking me from my speechlessness, “how do you like it?”

“I love it, Hex!” I smiled, “I would love to see every square inch of this place, just to learn how these kids learn and live in this place,” I stopped as a single person walked by. He stopped and looked at me.

“Hey, why are you out of class?” Hex asked and the boy snapped back to real life out of his daydreaming.

“Sorry, truly sorry, I didn’t mean to…” he stumbled over the words and looked away from me and Hex.

“Is today your first day here?” Hex asked and the kid shook his head no, “okay, go sit in the office for the rest of the period.”

The kid disappeared and Hex grinned. “One, I have a few kids who will give you a tour of the school tomorrow. Two; you’re the principle of the school and three, I have one thing to show you myself,” he sighed and headed off down the corridor, “Come on, Connor.”

I followed Hex, who stopped about fourty-five hundred feet from the front door, turned his back on the door and smiled, “There shouldn’t be anyone I here, Connor, but… take this as an offer to fight me.”

“Sure!” Hex pushed open the door and an arena appeared. “Hex, where the hell did you find this?”

“In your room, Connor. You drew it years ago when your father talked about the ‘Grand School’ he was going to make. You told him that you wanted to have a stadium where people could fight, so you drew a picture. We took that and built this!” Hex grinned, “we’re actually having a contest soon for the school wide best Elementalist, Connor. So, will you fight me?”