Lake Effect

Chapter 8.

“Are you guys going to be ok, yeah?” Andy asked. It was around 8pm, and the sun was starting to set.

“I’ve been fine for the past 2 months.” Pete said. “And I’ll look after Patrick.”

“Ok, well, we’re going to come out and see you tomorrow.”

“Ok, we’ll see you tomorrow.” Patrick said.

“Bye guys.” Pete and Patrick dived under the water, which had got slightly darker since the sun had started to set.

“So, time to take you to my temporary home.” Pete told Patrick while they swam under the water.

“Finally. I’ve been curious as to what it looks like.”

“it’s not much. Just a cave really.”

“Well, it’s better than nothing really, isn’t it?” Patrick said.

They swam through a tunnel, then they broke the surface and Patrick saw it was a small cave that had a rock out of the water. Pete pulled himself up onto it and Patrick copied him.

“So, home sweet home?” Pete said.

“It’s a place, at least.” Patrick told him, looking around. “It’s pretty warm too.”

“Mhm, yeah.”

“So, how long do you think I’m going to be like this?” Patrick said, lying on the back, putting his hands behind his head.

“I have no idea. We haven’t worked out how long I’m going to be like this either.” Pete looked over at him. “Do you think Andy and Joe are going to change as well?”

“Don’t know. Maybe. I mean, it’s not like it’s sexually transmitted, I mean, we haven’t had sex, so I don’t know.” Patrick looked at him. “It’ll be the shock of their lives if they do change and they’re in the house.”

“I think it would be a shock anyway. It would just be more awkward if they were in the house.” Pete laughed. “I would pay money to see Andy’s face.”

“That’s cruel.” Patrick said, but laughed.

“Night Patrick. You probably won’t sleep for long, I haven’t been.”

“You’re an insomniac though Pete. You don’t sleep for long.” Patrick laughed.

“Bitch. Don’t say I didn’t tell you so if I’m right though.” Pete closed his eyes.

“Whatever dude.” Patrick shoved him gently. “Night.”

But Pete was already asleep.

---------------

It was nearly two weeks after Patrick had turned into a merman, and neither he nor Pete had changed back.

“We’ve got to sort something out. Ryan keeps ringing and texting you, but we’re ignoring the calls.” Andy said while they were out on the boat. Pete had gone for a swim while Patrick was sitting on the boat with Joe and Andy.

“This is getting ridiculous. Have you got my phone with you?” Patrick asked. Joe pulled it out of his pocket and passed it to him.

“What are you going to do?” Andy asked.

“I’m going to text Ryan, tell him I’ve been really busy working on some band stuff, and that I didn’t mean to avoid him.” Patrick said as his fingers typed.

“Everyone’s wondering about you, they’re all wondering what’s up with you.”

“Maybe I should just say I’m ill too, and I’ve spent most days in bed.” Patrick said, looking up. “What do you think?”

“Go for it. It’s not like you’re ill everyday, and I doubt people are going to come down and check you are actually ill.”

“Does turning into half a fish count as being ill?” Patrick asked, grinning.

“I guess it could.”

Pete hauled himself onto the boat. “Hey, do you have my sidekick?”

“I knew you’d ask about it sooner or later.” Andy grinned. “But who are you going to text or call? You’re still missing, technically.”

“I’m gonna post on my blog. Tell everyone that I’m alright and that I’m taking a break. Pass me a towel then give me my baby.”

“I thought Hemmy was your baby?” Patrick smirked as he threw a towel in Pete’s direction. Pete flipped him off.

“I can have more than one baby.” Andy passed Pete his sidekick and his eyes lit up. “I love you Andy.”

“Sure you do. Now post your emoness.”

“My emoness is amazing. You’re just jealous.”

“Shut up Pete.” The others said together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only a couple more chapters left! Possibly a sequel, but I always say that. Maybe when I'm done and in a couple of months or something, but right now, I have a hell of a lot of stories.

Comments make me feel loved!!! :D

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo