At the Back of Science Class

I Kissed A Girl And I Liked It.

I gasped as a perfectly formed snowball hit me in the side of the face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hayley grin and slip away, her flame red hair bobbing as she ran. Lacey laughed, and while she was distracted, I balled up some snow. She turned and her eyes widened when she saw the ball.
“Snowball fight!” I shouted, flinging it at her side. She squealed as it hit her, but retaliated just as quick.
*Fifteen minutes later*
We were both covered in snow, having called the snowball fight a draw, then having made snow angels in the park.
“So…” I asked, dragging out the o “What now?”
“I need to ask you something.” She sighed, glancing at me sideways.
“What?” I asked again, running a hand through my snow-filled hair.
“Why are you being so nice to me?” She inquired, grinding to a halt. I had to backtrack so I was next to her again. I stared at her, my eyes widened in terror.
“Well?” She asked again, after a few moments.
Now I was faced with a problem. Do I tell her the truth and be ridiculed for life, or do I lie through my teeth so she doesn’t find out?
“Uh, it’s difficult to explain.” I replied, staring down at my suddenly fascinating shoes.
“Can’t be that difficult.” She remarked. I felt my cheeks burn scarlet as I looked up. I turned to face her.
I leant in close until our lips were mere millimetres away.
“This is why I’m being so nice to you.” I whispered, before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. I pulled away and ran all the way home.
I yanked the door open and slammed it shut behind me. I rested against it, trying to get my heart rate back to normal.
I kissed her.
I kissed Lacey. I grinned manically to myself.
There was a quiet knock on the door behind me. I turned and looked through the small window. She was standing on the doorstep, her cheeks flushed red.
Oh hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehehe.
Have fun, Abbie.
xx
S