At the Back of Science Class

Slamming Your Heads Together

Jon's POV
“What do you want?” she hissed, her blue eyes angry. She looked over my shoulder and saw Patrick and Zack laughing like idiots.
She stood up and stomped over to them, but I stayed firmly still; if there’s one thing I’ve learnt, it’s never cross a woman on a mission.
“You think this is funny do you?” she screamed, kicking Patrick hard in the shin. I know she’s only wearing pumps, but that looked like it hurt. Judging but Patrick’s reaction of clutching his leg and blinking back tears, I guess it did.
Zack opened his mouth to answer her question, but she ran off crying. She looked back at me and her face crumbled before she sprinted away in the direction of the back field.
I got up and marched over to Zack and Patrick, the latter of which was still clinging to his shin.
“What the hell was that about!” I hollered, slamming their heads together. I normally only do something like that when we’re messing about, but this time I meant it “She’s new for Christ’s sake!”
I left them rubbing their heads and bounced into the music block, shoving a lonely eighth grader out of my way as I bounded up the stairs.
I unlocked the practice room door and grabbed my bass. This was the room where Patrick, Zack and I held our band practices during lunch break, so we all had keys. Our band doesn’t really have a name, but we perform in the school concerts and stuff like that. We’re still looking for a singer that’s better than me. Easy job, if you ask me.
I quickly tuned my bass while I sat on Zack’s drum stool. I plugged it in and flicked the microphone on before placing it in its stand. I checked the volume was at a reasonable level before I began strumming.
This is the dance for all the lovers
Takin' a chance for one another
Finally it's our time now
These are the times that we'll remember
Breaking the city's heart together
Finally it's our time now
It's our time now

I continued with the song, standing facing the window by the end. I let my bass hang around near my waist and a low humming noise emitted from the amplifier.
I squinted out of the window at the back field and I swear I saw a figure move up one of the tallest trees. I shook my head and unplugged my bass, the humming silencing immediately. I switched off the mic and looked back out of the window. I shook my head again. I’m sure I’m seeing things.
I walked out of the room, locking the door behind me. As I headed to the music classroom and waited for the lunch bell to ring, signalling the start of music, I couldn’t help wondering what happened to Lacey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Five-ness. =]
The lyrics are from Our Time Now by Plain White T's. It's in the player if you're interested. Abby up next. =]
xo
S