At the Back of Science Class

Assumptions. And Idiots.

Music. Oh deep joy. I took my seat and waited for Zack to sit down next to me; I hate the seating plan. Lacey walked in a took a seat on her own at the back. I managed to stop myself turning and smiling at her. Zack and Patrick walked in after her and Zack came over and sat down, Patrick slumping in his seat next to Hayley.
“Look, Jon. I’m sorry. I didn’t know she’d take it that badly.” He said apologetically. I raised an eyebrow at him.
“Sure you didn’t Zackary, sure you didn’t.” I told him, turning to look at the teacher.
“Don’t call me that.” He pleaded, twisting his head to look me in the eyes “We heard you singing by the way… It was for her wasn’t it?” I glared at him, suddenly angered.
“Don’t you ever make stupid assumptions like that again, got it?” I snarled. He nodded sheepishly.
“Today class, we will be singing.” The teacher announced; her name escapes me.
“We have a choice between Leona Lewis, or Leona Lewis.” she told us. Oh great.
“We’ll start with Jonathon, shall we?” She said, passing me a sheet. I got up and walked to the front, glowering at her the whole time. I stood behind the mic and began to sing.
Trying hard not to hear, but they talk so loud
Their piercing sounds fill my ears, try to fill me with doubt
Yet I know that their goal is to keep me from falling
But nothing's greater than the rush that comes with your embrace
And in this world of loneliness, I see your face
Yet everyone around me thinks that I'm going crazy
Maybe, maybe
But I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away, but they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein that I keep on closing
You cut me open and I
Keep bleeding, keep, keep bleeding love
I keep bleeding, I keep, keep bleeding love
Keep bleeding, keep, keep bleeding love

Everyone ended up singing, but she left Lacey until last. Zack looked at her and she let out a low hiss and he backed away, walking into me.
“Watch it, moron.” I cussed, pushing him in the opposite direction. Lacey opened her mouth and began to sing.
Wow. That was all I could think. Just wow. Her voice is… just perfect on hundreds of different levels. She finished her verse and the class erupted into applause. I whistled quietly, wondering if she heard.
She took her seat behind me and Zack, blushing scarlet. I turned around and smiled at her. I saw her look at me for a second and then it switched to a glare. She moved her gaze to the back of Zack’s head and I looked away.
But, I swear for that one, single, second, she actually cared.
The bell rang, piercing through my thoughts like a dagger. I got up and grabbed my bag, stalking out of the classroom before everyone else.
Patrick and Zack came thundering through the corridors after me, calling my name.
“Jon! Jon, wait!” Patrick cried, grabbing my arm.
“What?” I sighed, looking at him.
“Friends?” he asked, sticking out his hand.
“I guess…” I replied, shaking it and then turning around. We began to lengthy trek down the school drive, the three of us laughing at how much like teenage girls we’d been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey again. =]
...
Go Abby go!
XD
xo
S