Status: Hiatus.

Fighting Ourselves.

I mean, I was kinda stuck in a situation that didn’t left me any other options…

Adeline’s POV

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at the open suitcase on the floor, wondering if it was such a good idea for me and the kids to go to Huntington Beach… Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea, maybe it was… I mean, I was kinda stuck in a situation that didn’t left me any other options…

Brian knew he had kids, I was married to Zacky who was fucking stubborn and burned the papers instead of signing them… I had no other choice but to zip up that suitcase and meet everyone else in the lobby, say Good Bye to Jay and got in the plane for LAX airport, hoping things would get back to normal somehow…

Normal? When was the last time things ever got normal?

When I made that stupid bet with Zack and Matt about dating Brian for a few months while cheating on him with Johnny? When the truth came out and Matt and Ellie broke up? When Brian and I broke up? When our father came to Huntington and forced us to go back to France when I was pregnant with Brian’s kids and the only person who knew was Zacky?

Maybe it was normal for my father to kick me out of the house when he became aware that I was getting bigger as months passed? Maybe it was normal for both Ellie and I to win tickets to a MCR show in Las Vegas and ran into the guys backstage… Maybe it was normal for us to be married with the wrong person…?

Okay, scratch that… Things were never normal with us. How could it be normal now?

I let out a deep sigh and rubbed my temples. I needed to lay down in a comfortable bed with my Ipod and earphones, and sleep for at least 24hours, with no interruptions of any kind. Please…

I opened my eyes when I heard my cell phone vibrating on the mattress. I reached out for the phone and took the call.

“Yes?”

“Adeline? Are you ready yet?” asked Matt. I smiled tiredly.

“Ready? That’s a big word. I’m almost done packing, I’ll be down in a few minutes if that’s what you wanted to know…” I said, rubbing my forehead.

“Okay, I’ll see you then. Bye.” he said.

“Bye…” I whispered before hanging up. I threw the phone back on the mattress and quickly threw the last item of clothing into the suitcase before closing it. I got up and looked around the hotel room, making sure I had everything. I grabbed my cell phone and slide it in my jeans pocket before taking the suitcase and walking out of the hotel room.

“What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas…” was written on a poster in the corridor. I wanted to laugh. If only…

I got into the lift and nervously bit on my nails. I was stressed to go back to Huntington, which was stupid in a way… Because Huntington was Huntington and it will never change. The door opened and I walked out, heading towards the group of people I was gonna travel with. I wasn’t looking forward to it, which was stupid. I mean, my sister and my friends and my kids, that should be exciting… Except the tension between everyone…

I drop my suitcase next to Ellie’s bag and crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for someone to say something. The silence was awkward. Ellie was sitting on Nate’s lap while absentmindly playing with her wedding ring she was now wearing on a chain around her neck. Matt was sitting opposite them, his aviators blocking me from seeing where he was looking… My guess was that he was looking at Ellie, while trying to stay unnoticed. Jay was on the phone somewhere, Johnny and Jimmy were talking animatedly about something they saw on TV, Zacky was sitting by himself, listening to his Ipod while Brian was sitting on the floor, listening to Hailie and Damien blabbering about some stuff…
I just hope he was patient…

“The cabs are here…” said Jay, walking towards us while sliding his phone in his pocket. Hailie and Damien both stood up, holding their hands out to help Brian back on his feet, but he wouldn’t move. I had to smile at the sight.
I walked over to them, holding out my hand.

“Need a little help?” I asked as I stood in front of Brian.

“Yes please…” he said, taking my hand and getting back on his feet. I smiled and retracted my hand before taking both Hailie and Damien’s hands, heading outside. I made sure they were both in the cab, with their seatbelts on before going back in the lobby to grab our bags. When I got back, Brian was already sitting in the cab, along with Zacky, who was sitting on the front sit, and, of course, the kids… Oh joy.

“Mummy? Are we here yet?” asked Hailie, about ten seconds after the cab had left the parking.

“No Hailie, not yet…” I whispered, looking outside of the dirty window.

“And now?” asked Damien, sitting up on the backseat and trying to see where we were.

“No…” I said, calmly.

They stopped for about a minute or so.

“And now?” asked Hailie. I saw Zacky clenching his fists, probably trying to keep his calm and not blew off at my daughter. He better not…

“Hailie baby, we are in a cab, driving in direction of the airport, okay? There is traffic out there, a lot of other cars are driving towards the airport too… So it might take a while until we arrive okay? I’ll tell you once we are here, okay?”

I blinked and looked at Brian, trying my best to hide my surprise… Which wasn’t easy, seeing as he completely surprised me by his answer… I mean, he didn’t loose his calm or whatever, he explained simply…

“Thanks Brian…” I whispered, looking out of the window once again. I caught a glimpse of his smile.

“Daddy?” asked Damien. I kept my gaze focused on the road.

“Daddy?” he asked again, and I realized Brian hadn’t aknowledge him… he probably hasn’t grasp the whole thing just yet…

“Brian, Damien is talking to you…” I said quietly, my gaze not leaving the road.

“Oh sorry munchkin, I didn’t hear you…” he quickly apologized, looking down at his son. I stayed quiet, and crossed my fingers, whishing we had arrived at the airport already.