Status: Hiatus.

Fighting Ourselves.

That just sounded so wrong, no matter how I put it, it was plain wrong..

Ellie’s POV

I was sitting between Brian and Matt, while Adeline was sitting between Zacky and Nate. She had just said Good Bye to Jay and wasn’t in the best mood at the moment. I couldn’t blame her though, seeing her situation, with Brian only knowing he was a father a couple of days ago, it was normal…

Hailie and Damien were both trying to catch Brian’s attention by showing him drawings they had done earlier that day. It made me smile in the inside, and on the outside if it wasn’t for the fact that we were married now. Oh God, me and Brian… Married. That just sounded so wrong, no matter how I put it, it was plain wrong, especcialy knowing that my sister still had feelings for him… And of course, it made me feel even worse seeing that I was dating Nate and I slept with Brian… I rubbed my temples tiredly and wrapped my arms around my chest, resting my head on the seat and closing my eyes, hoping to sleep a little before landing in California.

**

“Ellie, wake up… We need to get out of the plane.” Someone whispered, shaking me lightly. I groaned and tried to cover my face, hoping to sleep some more.

“Fine, be that way…” the person mumbled before I felt myself being lifted off the seat and next thing I knew, I was in the airport, with Nate and Brian looking weirdly at me, and Adeline waiting for her suitcase, with the kids standing next to her. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, stifling a yawn.

“thanks dude, I’ll take it from here.” Said Nate, coming towards me and I felt my feet touch the ground once again. I turned around, and finally realized that it was Matt who had carried me all the way from the plane to where we were standing now.

“Thanks Matt…” I whispered sleepily. Damn, I could fall back asleep right there. I let out an other yawn and saw Adeline laughing at me before shaking her head and grabbing her suitcase and the kids’ one. From the moment we got in the cab and the moment I was pulled out of the cab was a blur. I vaguely remember falling asleep on Matt’s shoulder, but it could have been anyone else’s…

“Do you have the keys?” asked Matt, as Brian and Nate were taking the lugages out of the trunk. Adeline took her wallet out of her backpack and took a key out of it, waving it in the air.

“Let’s hope they’re home.” She said as she took a step forward and slide the key in the lock, she twisted it and had to kick the door open, because it wouldn’t move.

The curtains were down, the only light was from the open door.

“What the hell…” whispered Adeline, going further into the house as Brian held the kids back.

“Grandma? Grandpa?” she called out, looking into the hallway as I looked into the living room and then the kitchen. All of a sudden, realization hit me like a wall brick and my knees gave out. I didn’t collide with the floor though, my guess was that someone caught me before I actually fell.

“They can’t be…” came my sister’s broken voice from next to me. She had her back resting against the wall, her eyes wide as she starred at the family portrait hanging on the wall opposite her. A single tear rolled down her cheek and fall down on the floor.

“How? When?” I managed to choke out as the arms that had caght me wrapped themselves tighter around me.

“A couple of months ago, car crash. They lost control of the car, they fell off a cliff.” Said Brian, and I realized that I was trapped in his arms as Matt was standing next to my sister, about to comfort her.

“FUCK!” she yelled, slamming both hands on the wall and storming in the kitchen, probably off to the backyard.

I shook my head, not believing my ears as I ran up the stairs and into my old room, discovering much to my surprise that it was exactly the way I had left it. I threw myself on the bed, and wrapped my arms around the pillow, letting my tears fall freely. I heard the door closed softly and the mattreww sank a bit before I felt a comforting hand on my back and next thing I knew, I was soaking my best friend’s Tshirt with my tears, while Brian was whispering comforting words in my ears, rocking me back and forth, trying to calm me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your comments on the last chapter :)
Hope you'll like this one.