Status: Hiatus.

Fighting Ourselves.

Movies, popcorns and light sabers.

Ellie’s POV

It was close to midday when we headed back to the bus. The door and windows were wide open when I walked up the few steps that leaded into the bus. Adeline was sitting on the table, laughing at something Zacky had just said. WHAT?

“Pinch me, I’m dreaming…” I whispered. “Ouch!” I yelped, glaring at Matt, who was smiling at me. The dickhead had just pinched me…

“Oh hey guys!” cheered Adeline, “How was your walk?” she asked, taking a sip from her can of coke.

“Well… it was great…” I replied, trailing off. I wasn’t sure how to react to her new behavior, should I be scared?

“Cool. Hey kids! Did you had fun?” she asked, smiling down at the twins.

“Yeah!” cheered Damien, “Matt bought us ice creams.”

“Well, that’s great! Thank you Matt!” she said, looking up from her kids and smiling at Matt. “What time is it?” she asked, frowning.

“11 am.” Replied Zacky, checking the time on his phone.

“All right, thanks!” she said, smiling before looking at us. “I feel like eating some Mc Donalds…” she randomly commented, with that look on her face.
Because of that look, we always ended up at Mc Donalds at any hours of the day and/or night. If Adeline wanted something at Mc Donalds, you could be sure that in 15 minutes top we were at Mc Donalds.

“I bet you 20 dollars that in the next two minutes she’s going to jump off the table, grab her stuff and go to the nearest Mc Donalds.” I said, nudging Matt.

“You’re on.” He said, smiling.

Not 20 seconds later, Adeline was on her feet, searching for her wallet and her shoes.
“Well guys, I’m off. I’m dying for a CBO.” She said dreamingly.

“You sound like your pregnant!” commented Jimmy as he and the guys walked into the bus.

“Nah, don’t worry, we used protection!” replied Zacky, as he followed Adeline outside.

“WHAT?” both Brian and I screamed at the same time. I rushed out of the bus.

“Adeline! Come back here and explain yourself!” I shouted.

“Oh come on, he was joking!” she shouted back, turning around so she could see me but she kept on walking.

“Baker!” boomed Matt, appearing behind me.

“Come on Sanders, chill out! I was kidding!” replied Zacky, with an annoying look on his face.

“Yeah, like I would fuck him!” was Adeline reply as she rolled her eyes, made a disgusted face and turned around, so she could see where she was heading. She waved at me quickly and kept on walking.

I turned to face Matt. He moved his head slowly and looked at me.

“Zacky was only kidding.” He said, trying to sound convincing.

“Yeah…” I said, confused. Suddenly Matt grabbed my arm and his face broke into a smile.

“That douche bag was referring to Las Vegas!” he said, before starting laughing. I sighed in relief and hugged Matt.

“Seriously, those morons got me worried for a minute.” I whispered against his chest.

We both walked back into the bus and were met by a very anxious looking Brian.

“Tell me they were joking… Tell me they were joking…” Brian kept mumbling.

“Dude, Las Vegas.” Said Matt, patting his band mate’s back.

“Oh, by the way, here are your 20 dollars.” He said, reaching into his back pocket to grab his wallet and took out some cash. “Here you go.” He said. I smiled, grabbed the money and put it in my pocket.

“Oh, I want some money too Matt!” said Johnny, appearing out of nowhere. Matt looked at him.

“Or maybe I don’t…” he said, turning around.

**

It was much quieter in the bus now that Adeline was gone. The kids were playing Monopoly in the backroom with Jimmy and Johnny. Brian was messing around on his guitar and I was watching a movie with Matt, on his computer. Actually it wasn’t a movie, we were watching an episode of “How I met your mother”.

“And fuck!” boomed Matt, sitting up straight, making me move at the same time as he did. I groaned and rubbed my shoulder.
The video had stop in the middle of an important scene.

“That fucking stupid video thing! We have to wait to see the rest of that episode!” he ranted, clearly not happy. I patted his tight.

“S’all right, chill out!” I said, before yawning.

“Fucking bastard!” he swore, closing the computer violently.

“Language!”

I turned my head to see Adeline, glaring at Matt.

“So, did you ate your CBO thingy or whatever it’s called, yet?” asked Brian, laying his guitar down on his lap.

She glared at him.
“Turned out they don’t have CBO here. Can you believe it? Because I can’t!” she ranted, letting herself fall on the couch with an annoyed sigh. “We walked across town to find a damn Mc Donalds and they don’t make CBO…”

“What did you take then?” I asked, looking at my sister.

“A poor Mc Chicken…” she said, looking sadly into the paper bag.

“And you, what did you take Zack?” asked Brian, trying to sound civil.

“A Mc Flurry.” He said, “And an Happy Meal.” He added, glaring at Adeline.

“I’m sorry!” she said, rolling her eyes. “I didn’t had enough cash on me to buy two happy meals and that damn Mc Chicken! Do I have to remind you that I have two kids, hence the 2 happy meals.”

“They’re not going to eat the Happy Meals at 11.30?” asked Brian, frowning slightly.

“Of course not, they aren’t that much fans of Mc Donalds…” She replied.

“Then, why the hell did you bought Happy Meals?” asked Matt, looking completely lost.

“Because of the toys.” I replied, in a ‘duh’ tone before Adeline could answer.

“And who’s going to eat the food then?” asked Zacky, looking weirdly at my sister.

“Well me.” She replied, rolling her eyes like it was obvious. She grabbed the two toys she had stuffed in her pockets and got up, heading to the backroom.

When she came back, she grabbed her food and left. Probably to go sit on a bench or something. Brian reacted quickly, before Zacky could do anything, he grabbed his hoodie, his guitar and followed Adeline outside.

Zacky muttered something and went in his bunk.

“They’re annoying.” Randomly commented Matt, playing with my hair.

“Yeah…” I mumbled, relaxing. “Oh! Can we watch Star Wars?” I suddenly asked, sitting up.

“Sure…” said Matt, sounding blasé. I rushed to the backroom, looked through Adeline’s bag full of DVDs and grabbed the DVDs of the Star Wars saga. I rushed back to the couch, put the DVD into Matt’s computer and took my previous position: sitting between Matt’s legs, my back resting against his chest.

**

“Guys, how come the movie isn’t over yet?” asked Jimmy as he lazily ate crisps, looking bored out of his mind.

“Because it’s the second movie, the first one ended about an hour ago.” Replied Matt. “Now shut up!” he said, before reaching over me to raise the volume.

“I thought you guys had a sound check?” I said, reluctantly looking away from the screen to look at Jimmy.

“Nope, we are playing tomorrow… We’re here early.” Said Johnny, sounding as bored at Jimmy.

“All right…” I said, nodding slightly. Matt let out frustrated sighed and paused the movie.

“Are you guys done talking yet? We’re trying to watch a movie here!” he said, sounding extremely frustrated now.

“Wow! Take a chill pill Matthew!” said Zacky, finally leaving his bunk.

“Come on kids, we’re off!” called Jimmy.

The three of them left the bus, shortly followed by the kids, not without making as much noise as possible, just to piss Matt off.
When they finally had left, Matt pressed ‘play’ again.

**

“I suggest you not to get in the bus.”
That was Jimmy, standing outside of the bus.

“Why not?” asked Adeline.

“Because Ellie and Matt are having a Star Wars marathon.” He replied, matter of factly.

“Great!” she mumbled.

“Let’s go to the movies!” suggested Johnny and everything went silent again.

“Thank god they’ll be gone for a while…” mumbled Mat as he put the 4th movie in the player.

“Let’s just hope they’ll decide to go to the restaurant or whatever afterwards… That way we’ll have enough time to see the 5th film.” I said, holding a bowl of popcorns in my hands.

“I hope so!” said Matt, taking his place back and wrapping his arms around me as the movie started.

I was glad Matt hadn’t left after the second film… Usually, Nate would have watched the first film with me and he’d have fallen asleep during the second one.

You could say I had a slight obsession with the whole Star Wars saga… My sister was more into the Lord of the Rings saga… She goes nuts whenever someone mentions one of the films… Same as when someone mentions Green Day…

I grabbed some popcorn before raising the bowl so Matt could have access to it. He whispered a small ‘Thank you’. He was worst than me… He really couldn’t tolerate it when someone was making too much noise while he was watching a movie…
I snuggled closer to Matt, resting my head on his chest, enjoying his warmth. I could fell asleep right here if it wasn’t for the fact that I loved the film.

**

Matt was covering his mouth with one hand:
“I am your father” he said in a deep, weird voice. Very Dark Vador like.

I stopped fighting and laughed in his face.
“Really Matt? That’d be weird!” I said, laughing.

He glared at me and grabbed one of Jimmy’s drumsticks that were lying around and pointed it towards me.

“Fight!” he said, before jumping on the couch.

I had to fight back the urge to laugh and grabbed the other drumstick, pretending it was a light saber.

“Bring it on; bitch!” I said, motioning to him to come closer with my left hand. He smiled and jumped off the couch, almost landing on me.

We ran into the bus, fighting with our ‘light saber’, while throwing everything we could lay our hands on. Matt handed up with a sock over his shoulder as we kept chasing each others and fighting.

I was in one of the bunk, threatening Matt with my weapon as he tried to climb in the bunk.

“Go away!” I screamed, laughing, waving my light saber around.

“Ouch!” yelped Matt as he jumped back on the floor, dropping the drumstick and holding his head.

“Oh shit…” I mumbled, jumping off the bunk, I dropped the drumstick too and came closer to Matt.

“I’m sorry… Did I break the skin?” I asked, worried. I kneeled down next to him and tried to take his hand off his head to see if he had a wound. And next thing I know, Matt jumped on me and started tickling me.

“No! Get off! Get off!” I squealed, squirming around, hoping he’d let me go.

“Stop kicking me!” he said, rubbing his shoulder.

“Then stop tickling me!” I retorted, trying to push him off me.

“Fine!” he said, getting up and holding out his hand to help me back on my feet.

“Thanks” I mumbled, pulling at my T-shirt. When I looked up, Matt was closer than I’d have expected. He reached up and cupped my face, bringing his face closer to mine. My breath got stuck up in my throat as I realized he was about to kiss me. He gently pressed his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck.

**

“I’m going to shower” he whispered, at the end of the 6th movie. The guys had been gone for longer than we were expecting…

“All right…” I replied, sitting up straighter so he could get up. He kissed my cheek and left to the bunk area.

I stayed on the couch, staring into space. Once again, my thoughts drifted back to Nate, wondering what he could be doing at this moment. I still couldn’t quite get my mind off him. I spent 5 years of my life with him and knowing that it was all over was still a weird thing to me, I couldn’t quite wrap my mind around it.

Matt understood that he couldn’t ask more from me than the kiss we had shared earlier. I still wasn’t ready. I couldn’t be with Matt when I still had yet to forget about Nate.

It wasn’t fair for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Hope you like this chapter and as always, thank you for the great feedbacks we received from the last one.
Ellie is busy with her exams so I'm the one updating. She's studying medicine, and her exams are today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. All my thoughts are with her, love ya Ellie!
And love you guys, thank you for sticking with us.

<3