Status: Hiatus.

Fighting Ourselves.

“What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Remember?”

We had stopped at a gas station. Matt was filling the tank while I was inside the shop, trying to find something to eat and drink. I was looking at some crisps, vinegar crisps, my favourite. I took a bag, than grabbed a bottle of Coke, some sandwiches and Skittles before I made my way over to the cash register. I paid for everything with Matt’s card and then stuffed everything in the backpack Matt had taken. I swung it over my shoulder, and left the shop. Matt was leaning against the wall, his sunglasses on and his arms crossed over his chest, he was looking at the sky, or at least that’s how it looked like. I nudged his arm lightly in a way to let him know that I was back.

“Where to, now?” I asked him.

“Far away from here…” he whispered as he pushed himself off the wall and put his helmet back on his head. I did the same, and sat on the motorbike, gripping his jacket.

**

We had been on the road until twilight, and now we had stopped at a motel. A room with two single beds was what Matt had asked for, earning a weird look from the guy behind the counter when he saw me standing behind Matt.

I was laying on one of the bed, looking at the white ceiling while Matt was in the bathroom, having a shower.

I decided to look at my phone, in case someone important had called me during the day. I searched for the backpack and rummaged through the clothes until I finally found it, as well as Matt’s blackberry. I put his phone on his bed, and took mine back to my bed. I lay on my stomach and looked at the small screen.

20 missed calls

I quickly looked at who had tried to call me: everyone. I let out an annoyed sighed and buried my head in the pillow.

I couldn’t believe it. My sister and Brian, the father of my children…Speaking Thinking about them. I took the phone from the bedside table and dialled the number.

“Jay?”

“Oh Hey! What’s up in Las Vegas?” he asked from the other end, sounding cheerful as always.

“What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Remember?” I said, trying to sound as happy as he was.

“Alright, what happened?” he asked, sounding concerned. I let out a heavy sigh.

“It’s a long story… I might tell you, but not now. How are they?” I asked.

“Well, they’re good. Always asking about you, ya know… They were worried when you didn’t call…” Jay explained. I bit my lip.
“Are they near you?” I asked, hoping I could speak to my children.

“Yeah, hold on. Damien, Hailie! Mum is on the phone!” The last part of his sentence was followed by rapid footsteps and squeals. “Mummy!” I smiled to myself as I heard them gently fighting for the phone.

“Hey! How are you?”

“I miss you!” said Hailie. “I miss you more!” argued Damien. I bit my lip, trying to prevent the tears.

“I miss you too” I whispered, trying to steady my voice. My phone made a biping sound, letting me now that my battery was about to die.

“Damien, Hailie I love you both! And I’ll call you real soon, okay?”

“Bye Mummy! Love you!” they both replied, and then Jay took the phone.

“Jay, I’ll try to call you soon to explain the situation but right now I gotta go, the battery is about to die.”

“Oh alright, bye then. Take care!” I wanted to reply but the line cut off, my battery was dead. I threw my phone at the end of the bed and buried my face in the pillow once again, letting the tears fall freely as I sobbed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating this story before.
But me and Ellie got loads of homeworks and plenty of other things to take care off, hopefully the next update will be ready soon.
thank you for reading/subscribing/commenting, it means a lot for us =)

A <3