Death Eaters... Forever?

Surprises

“Hey, do you wanna go to Diagon Alley with me today to check out my friends’ new shop?” I’d been getting regular letters from Fred and George persuading me to go to their new shop, ‘Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes’. However, now that everyone knew that the Dark Lord was back, I thought it would’ve seemed strange for me – a young teenage girl, or so it seemed – to be seen out alone.

“Sure!” Autumn was quiet and reserved – unless we were alone, like now, when she was idly jumping on her bed. We’d become great friends, and I hoped that she’d be put in Slytherin house – although Gryffindor would be almost as good, and she’d probably enjoy herself in that house more.

She had previously lived with her drunken mother, her wizard father having left when she was ten. He’d taught her all about the wizarding world, though, which helped her to understand everything. Her mother had prevented her from joining Hogwarts when she’d come of age, so Autumn had decided to come and live with me at Malfoy Manor permanently. Luckily, I’d managed to persuade Lucius that one more Mudblood in the house wouldn’t make a difference. I was glad he didn’t make a big deal of it.

The reason I was leaving so early – it was barely seven (luckily, Autumn was awake, too) – was because Lucius told me that from midday onwards, Fenrir Greyback would be out on the streets – obviously terrorising the neighbourhood. I had told Lucius, Sev, Barty and Autumn what had happened, but no one else knew. I hoped that being unable to tell anyone but them about what happened to me wouldn’t become a common occurrence.

“Come on then. I’ll be waiting downstairs.”

When she was ready, she followed me to the fireplace.

“Diagon Alley!” She shouted clearly, before disappearing in a flash of green fire. I followed quickly, and we found ourselves in a small shop.

“This way, come on,” I told her, pulling her outside. There was almost no one around, and those that were there were huddled in large groups. I sighed. Even with Autumn, I looked out of place.

However, walking down a side alley, I found Fred and George’s shop. It was hard to miss; almost impossible, actually. It was so bright and colourful that it hurt the eyes, and inside, it was so crowded we could barely move.

“Kyera?” It was George.

“George!”

“Bringing us prospective buyers, are you?” He grinned at Autumn, who shyly smiled at him.
“Something like that. This is Autumn – she’ll be joining me next year at Hogwarts for her third year.”

“Ah, pity I’ve finished school,” he said, grinning even wider.

“Ha, well at least you’ll give the teachers a break!” He laughed. I saw Autumn find a small stand of Extendable Ears, and decided to leave her to it.

“So are you spending next week with us at the Burrow?” I’d almost forgotten, and was surprised by how much time had passed.

“Of course! And, uh, would it be alright if I brought Autumn?”

“I’m sure Mum won’t mind someone else to fuss over,” he replied cheekily.

“Sweet. So, how’s the business? Looks pretty full-on.”

“Yeah, Fred’s gone to deliver some of our products to our best buyers,” he said, and I asked when he’d be back.

“Dunno, but you’ll see us next week, so you’ll see him then.”

He showed me around, and entertained Autumn with the Fizzers – Fred and he had hired staff, who were manning the counter. I was surprised by Autumn’s happiness; I would’ve thought that after her ordeal she’d be quiet and withdrawn, but obviously I was glad she was happy instead.

Before I realised it, it was nearly midday.

“Listen, I gotta go take Autumn back home, but close the shop now – tell everyone to go home.” I didn’t want anyone to get hurt.

“Um, ok?” He looked at me strangely, but trusted my judgement and began to usher his customers out of the store.

“C’mon, Autumn. We can come back here later,” I added as her face fell.

XXX
That night, Tom met me in the dungeons again.

“I heard about Greyback – I’m truly sorry. I’ve punished him accordingly – although I also heard that you did the same – and I don’t think he will be coming near you again.” As always, he smiled flawlessly at me.

“Uh, thanks. By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you – who were your parents? Who did you get the Elvin blood from?”

“My mother. My father was a Muggle.” He sneered the word, as though it was dirty.

“Right. Why were you orphaned then?” The reason I knew that was because Harry had told me ages ago.

“My mother couldn’t look after me and died, and my father didn’t want me.” Jeez, no wonder he has serious problems. “Why did you want to know?”

“Just curious,” I shrugged.

“Hmm. Well I just needed to tell you that those three Muggles, the ones that assaulted you, have been sentenced to three years’ jail each – unrelated crimes, too.” I breathed a sigh of relief.

“I’m just glad you didn’t kill them.”

“I only stopped because you told me to,” he replied, sounding as though this confused him.
“Well then, thanks.” I felt that giving him a hug might’ve been a bit too much, so instead simply smiled at him. We were actually becoming friends; not in the traditional sense of the world, but still.

XXX
“Kyera! Welcome back!” Molly Weasley greeted me as Fred and George lugged my baggage up to my room.

“Thanks, Mrs Weasley,” I gave her my most charming smile. There was a sudden knock at the door, and Molly jumped. She was obviously on edge with all the Death Eaters running amok.

“Who is it?” She asked at the door, her voice shaking.

“It is I, Dumbledore, here with Harry,” a deep voice replied. I was suddenly scared; could I manage to hide my secret from him?

“Harry!” Hermione bowled him over as he walked in the door, and I smirked.

“Hermione, gerroff!” He managed to push her off and walk in the door.

“Hey Harry!” I said, giving him a friendly hug.

“Kyera, I need to talk to you – privately.” Dumbledore gestured for me to follow him as he walked back outside, closing the door behind him. I was certain he knew I was a Death Eater – and that I was Tom’s friend.

“Kyera, I have found out who your mother was.” What? My brain stopped working.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, and that it's a cliffhanger - i couldnt help it!! Leaves you wanting more (i hope).
COMMENTS=UPDATES

PS sorry my story is so hard to understand, its just i have an epiphany every now and then, which prevents me from going back and checking my work. I have a specific idea in mind, and its hard to transfer that exactly to paper - or in this instance, the computer.
XD