Death Eaters... Forever?

Miracles

The rest of the night, I lay thinking about what Hagrid had said. I really need to tell Harry, or someone who is fighting the Dark Lord. But I don’t want to kill Tom…

These thoughts followed each other round in my head until I decided it was time to get up.

I usually joined Harry and the others at the Gryffindor table for breakfast, but I didn’t feel like talking at all, so instead I grabbed a piece of toast and walked to my Potions class early.

“Oh, hello Kyera – you’re early, aren’t you?” Professor McGonagall asked when I came into the dungeons. She was talking to Sev, but stopped when I entered. I was slightly suspicious, but I left it and sat down at my desk.

“Yes, I decided to get an early start today.” Professor McGonagall smiled at me and disappeared out the door.

“What was that all about?” I asked Sev, one eyebrow raised. He only smirked, unperturbed by my frustrated expression. I was about to add something when the first of the students began to arrive. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Obviously I wasn’t going to figure that out.

Class went by quickly, and Neville blew up his cauldron again. After we were dismissed, I was about to ask Sev something when a runner came into the class room, out of breath. He went straight to Sev and told him something that made him frown.

“Kyera, come here.” I was suddenly frightened – it was similar to the time I’d been told of my parents’ deaths.

“You need to go and find all of the Weasley children, and possibly Potter and Granger, too, and come to Albus’ office. One of the twins has been struck by a cutting curse – he is at St Mungo’s right now, in a critical condition.” This struck me as hard as – if not worse than – the news of my parents’ deaths. However, instead of been frozen into place, I was up and running, wand in hand, out the door. Realising it was futile with so many students around, I Apparated straight to our next class, Transfiguration. Luckily, Ron and the others were already there.

“Go straight to Dumbledore’s office now! I’m going to get Ginny!” As soon as the words had left my mouth, I Apparated again to fifth year Herbology, where I knew Ginny was. Autumn was there too, but I didn’t have time for her and instead just grabbed Ginny and Apparated to the Headmaster’s office. Ron, Harry and Hermione were just coming through the door.

“I’m going to St Mungo’s now,” I told Dumbledore, and before he had a chance to object, Apparated. It was taking a lot out of me, but I didn’t even stop to think.

“Weasley,” I said to the secretary at the desk, and she pointed me in the right direction. I Apparated to the room she said, not caring that there would be a lot of questions about how I was able to Apparate within the wards of both Hogwarts and St Mungo’s.

Mr and Mrs Weasley were sitting in the waiting room, along with Bill and Charlie, who’d both obviously Apparated from a different country, and George. When I saw this last, I realised that it was Fred. All of the Weasleys’ faces were pale, although Mrs Weasley’s eyes were red and puffy. George looked lost.

I wondered how much blood from me it would take to heal Fred. I’ll give it a try.

Walking into the room where Fred was, I ignored the stares and protests from the doctors and wizards.

“Sectumsempra,” I whispered, making a deep diagonal slash across my left arm, over the top of my tattoo. I barely noticed the pain - I was too worried about Fred. Blood immediately began to ooze out, and I dripped it on Fred's wounds. I tried to ignore the light-headedness that accompanied the loss of blood, and focussed on the horrific cuts that had cleaved Fred almost in two.

“What are you doing? You could be contaminating the wounds!” A wizard tried to stop me, but encountered my hastily erected barrier, preventing him from pulling me away from Fred’s prone form. Tears formed in the corner of my eyes, but I ignored them as Fred’s wounds began to knit themselves back together before my eyes – and the eyes of the astounded doctors. I’d known from the moment I’d seen Fred that the wounds were too bad to have been able to save him, even with a healing charm.

As I began to see the pink flesh covering Fred’s wounds, I also began to see black spots in my vision, and collapsed to the floor, fainting from loss of blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short, and to the point, but I like it. It makes it that much more memorable.
I NEED COMMENTS TO CONTINUE!! I love you all, but not knowing what you think is harder than having someone put me down!