Death Eaters... Forever?

Plans

I groaned when I sat up, realising where I was. I’d been here too many times in my Hogwarts years, and I was sick of the hospital smell. Luckily, I still had my clothes on, and there was a large bandage covering my left arm. I pulled it off quickly, knowing my wound would be healed by now. And so it was; my silver tattoo, looking as bright as anything against my pale skin, was unmarked by any sign of the deep cut I’d administered to myself.

I got out of the hospital bed and walked out into the waiting room.

There was Mr Weasley and George, as well as Ginny, Bill, Ron, Harry and Hermione.

“Kyera!” George practically tackled me, hugging me so tightly I couldn’t draw breath.

“Can’t…breathe!” He released me with a mischievous grin, and I slapped him on the arm.

“Where’s Fred?” His face turned sober in an instant, and the butterflies in my stomach tried to chew through.

“He’s in there with Mum and Charlie – he’s perfectly fine, thanks to you, although they want to monitor him in case he opens up the skin again.” I sighed in relief and gave him a withering glare at scaring me so. He only gave me an answering grin.

After what seemed like an hour – in which I was repeatedly asked how I saved Fred – Molly led Charlie out and I was able to go in.

“Fred?” I peeked my head around the corner to see him propped up, looking irritated. The moment he saw me, though, his face relaxed into his famous grin, and I answered it with one of my own.

“I hear I have you to thank for my life,” he said. I shrugged.

“So how did you get hurt?”

“First, answer one question: how?” I sighed.

“I’m half-Elvin. I heard from Hagrid that my blood has amazing healing properties.” He stared at me for a minute, and I began to get uncomfortable. Finally, he simply nodded his head.

“Ok, well George and I were heading home from the store when we heard a scream. We rushed off to see what it was, and we saw this woman being Crucio’d right in the middle of Knockturn Alley. So we got out our wands and tried to disarm the guy who was in a black robe, with his back facing us. But he turned around and Petrified George. I tried a few curses on the guy, but he blocked them all, and when I tried a cutting curse, he sent it back at me and disappeared with the woman.”

“What did the man and woman look like?”

“Well, the lady had long black hair, and she looked real familiar-”

“Bellatrix Lestrange?” I didn’t know where it came from, but a sudden lightning bolt of thought caught me unawares, and it burst from my mouth.

“Yea…maybe…it was dark, so I couldn’t really see her face, but I think it was…”

I had a sneaking feeling that I knew who the man was, too.

“What did the guy look like?”

“We couldn’t see his face, he had his hood up, but he was really skinny…” I put my own suspicions to the back of my mind.

“So how do you feel now?”

“Better than ever – literally! If it were anyone else, I’d ask for a bit of blood so George and I can experiment, but-”

“’Course you can!” I interjected. “When you get out of this damn place, I’ll give you a vial.” He grinned from ear to ear.

XXX
“Malfoy Manor!” I said loudly, throwing the Floo powder into the flames. A whooshing filled my ears and was as quickly gone. I stepped out of the flames and walked to the study.

“Lucius?” He wasn’t there, so I sighed and went to go when my left arm flared up.

Immediately, I Apparated to the source of the Call.

“You were quick,” Tom said to me. Before anyone else arrived, I pulled Tom over to me.

“Did you nearly kill Fred Weasley?” I asked intently. He looked uneasy.

“It was an accident – I didn’t think he’d use a cutting curse on me,” Tom replied. I pushed him away from me, disgusted. I knew that it probably was an accident, but I couldn’t bring myself to forgive Tom for this. Before he could stop me, I Apparated to Hogwarts.

I went straight to the library, into the restricted section, and began looking for books on elves. I found one that looked promising – Immortals through the Ages – and another one that I looked at, too, called Elvin Powers and Properties.

I was surprised when no one came to look, but I supposed I’d gotten past the wards.
The first book was quite detailed, and this is what it read:

“…Elvin peoples were seen as the eldest of the Immortals, although in fact this was the mountain dwarves. The elf clans disappeared from human civilisation late last millennia, although there have been reports of individual elves in our midst. This disappearance was partly due to the barbaric practise of bloodletting, in which the elf is entirely stripped of its blood, whereupon it is sold into slavery. The blood itself has many properties, including healing.

“There are many elves that have unusual abilities, including Metamorphmagic, advanced senses, flying, Animorphmagic, and sometimes even the ability to use common magic without a wand. This made them formidable enemies, and the elves were warriors by nature.

“Their beliefs are very strong, and they sometimes exile their own for such things as insulting an Elder, befriending a mortal or having anything to do with mortals. This belief has risen from the pain of watching loved ones die, and is a recent addition to their religion.
“Sometimes, however, an elf and a mortal have a relationship, and the resultant child is a hybrid (see pg 785). This child is both immortal and more able to feel emotion. They are generally stronger, faster and more magically adept than their parents. Their powers do not manifest when they are born however, unlike Elvin children. The stronger the power, the older the manifestation, or so the Elvin have theorised.

“The elves are also extremely adept with their hands, and create many objects of power and beauty that is beyond the scope of mortal minds…” I closed the book.

The next book was slightly more what I was looking for.

“…those with Elvin blood and descent are immortal. However, if they come into contact with undiluted Elvin or Hybrid blood, it effectively cancels out these immortal properties. They can then be killed. However, it is always possible to resurrect those of Elvin descent using the same elf or Hybrid that supplied the blood. Unfortunately, there have been reports that the elf or Hybrid that was used to mortalise the Elvin descendant are haunted by the dead ones’ soul, until they resurrect them or kill themselves. To resurrect the descendant, the elf or Hybrid must willingly give a drop of blood. However, beyond this, no one knows what must be done to resurrect the dead Elvin descendant…” I looked away, thinking. Suddenly, I heard footsteps, and hastily returned the books to their shelves before Apparating back to the Burrow, where Fred and the others were.

XXX
When I knew that Fred was going to be okay, I returned to school with Ron, Ginny, Harry and Hermione. Charlie and Bill had already left to return to their work overseas.

“Harry, I need to talk to you. It’s about Tom- uh, Voldemort.” Everyone but Harry winced at that, which annoyed me slightly, but at least they all beat a hasty retreat.

“What about him? We haven’t seen him for-”

“That’s who almost killed Fred. Now, I know why he’s impossible to kill, and I also know how to make him mortal again.” I explained what I’d found in the books, and also about my own heritage. However, I didn’t tell him about my ability to resurrect Tom again – it wasn’t important, anyway. I would force myself not to give in.

“So what you’re saying is, we need to trap Voldemort, drip some of your blood on him, and then kill him?” I nodded and he sighed loudly. “Well, how do we do that?”

“I think I have a plan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
soooooooo cliche but it was necessary, sorry folks!
Wow, the end is in sight!! Maybe I'll do a sequel... it would certainly work out well that way...

COMMENT PLEASE!!