Ganked: Life Bitten And Taken

Ganked: Taken

Cold. I feel cold...

My eyed fluttered open and I looked over to where Kane was supposed to be, but he wasn't there. I sat up, slowly waking up. Once my mind was clear of the sleepy fog, I got out of bed and changed into my jeans and a t-shirt, then laced my feet into my converse. I felt so...alone. Again. So much for Kane's promise not to leave me. Jeez. A soft sigh escaped my lips as I walked over to the window and threw back the curtains to be welcomed by the starry night. There were millions of them, just twinkling at me, inviting me to come out and join them. Then I looked down and saw a figure hide behind a tree. The mansion was surrounded by them. Maybe it was Kane? I smiled and ran downstairs and out into the darkest night I've ever seen. It brought shivers down my spine. Something wasn't right. I was never scared to come outside at night, why now?

"Kane?" I called out to him, hoping he would come out from behind a tree and wrap me in his protective arms. And for a moment...I thought that's what was going to happen as a bush's leaves began to rustle. I turned toward it, and smiled, but it quickly disappeared when a figure walked out that had red circles in his eyes. "No..." I whispered, taking one step back, then being frozen by fear. My heart thumped wildly in my chest, threatening to jump right out and run for the hills.

The figure just chuckled. "Don't be afraid, my dear. I need your help." His voice...it was so familiar... He walked closer to me.

"Wh-who are you?!" Where was the courage to speak coming from? I thought my voice was lost....hmm...now if only my courage would flow down to my feet to make them move.

"Aww, you don't remember? I just met you this morning."

Korinth! My eyes went wide with the sudden realization of who he was.

He chuckled again. "That's right, my lovely. I've come here to ask for your assistance."

"Riley!" I could hear Kane calling for me in the mansion, along with fighting.

"KA-!" I tried to scream his name, but Korinth suddenly had an arm around my waist, and a hand over my mouth.

"Now now, Riley. You wouldn't want to get Mr. Korinth in trouble, now would you?" That pissed me off! He was speaking to me like I was a child! But my fear masked my anger, and all I could to was cry, and struggle to break free of his grasp, but the more I struggled, the tighter his hold on me became, causing me pain, and making it harder for me to breathe. Another chuckle. "You're so pathetic, human. You won't be able to break free from me so might as well stop trying." He buried his face into my neck and took in a deep breath, and shivered. "Unless you want to continue to excite my primal instincts."

I stopped and looked back at the mansion the best I could, wishing that Kane would-

"RILEY!!!" Kane called from behind Korinth, whose back was to the mansion. "Let go of her, Korinth!" He sounded out of breath and scared, yet completely and utterly malicious and pissed off.

Korinth turned to face Kane, a frown on his face. "You should've helped us willingly. Now, your lover will get the consequences of your actions."

Kane's eyes were pained and frantic, but his body was rigid and threatening. "Let. Her. Go." His words dripped with malice.

"So sorry. I'm afraid that's not an option." Suddenly twenty of Korinth's men came out of the trees and stood between us and Kane. "You will use your sources to help us, or your pretty little mistress here," he ran his hand from my mouth to my cheek, then down to my throat, raising my chin, "will know what it feels like to be tortured by the Katherone coven." He said evilly.

"Don't do it Kane!" I yelled, looking between two men to see Kane. Suddenly the hand around my throat tightened, making it hard for me to breathe. "Don't..." I whimpered, still looking at Kane, whose eyes were on me, torn between the options.

"It's your choice Kane. The love of your life, or filthy wolves." Korinth chuckled and then we disappeared, reappearing in what looked like an old dungeon. He tossed me into a barred cell and slammed the door. "Don't worry. I'm come play with you later, my pet." He smirked and walked up a flight of stairs and through a door, out of my sight.

I sat on the cold, stone ground, hugging my knees to my chest, and crying, rocking myself back and forth. It was very dark down here, and very chilly. I could see my own breath in the dim light that came from the torches that lined the walls. Kane? Kane! I tried to mentally call out to him but it was no use. There was too great of a distance. I was stuck here, left only with the hope that my love would come to rescue me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one. How's my story so far? I hope you all enjoy it. ^_^