Ganked: Life Bitten And Taken

Arguing

Kane's P.O.V.

"DAMN IT!!!" I yelled through the halls, smelling the burning of Korinth's men. Some had managed to escape, but those who didn't, are screaming in pain with their skin melting off...yet it doesn't seem to be enough. All that's going through my head right now is the torture the love of my life is going through. The Katherone have a torture reputation. I shuddered at the thought. "Devin!! Get my men assembled, alert the Semitar Circle, all but the Katherone!" I barked, storming into my study with Devin following behind me.

"Kane, we should really think this through first-"

"We don't have time to think this through! Those lunatics have Riley!" I stormed past all of my book shelves until I reached the back. I pulled down the binding on a big red dictionary, sitting on the shelf against the back wall, which opened up a sort of safe of mine that held my weapons and armor. Yes armor, like from the old days, but modified to be light weight and easy to move around in.

"Kane, storming their place will only put her in further danger." Devin was trying to reason with me but all I could think about was ripping off Korinth's head and putting it on a spit to roast slowly. When a vampire is torn into pieces, the head stays alive until it is completely burned. I knew he was right though.

"What do you propose we do? Wait until they start sending pieces of her skin and vials of her blood to us?"

"No. I think we should call for an emergency meeting with the Circle first, and then we can all think of a way to get her out of there safely."

I scoffed. She could have permanent psychological damage by then. "There isn't time-!" I tried to say, putting on my armor.

"Stop trying to push me aside! You know I'm right! So just calm down!" Devin turned me around to face him, his hands firmly on my shoulders.

I knew he was right...but it made me angry. I punched a hole into the stone wall behind Devin, and just breathed heavily, allowing myself to calm down. "If anything happens to her Devin, I will never forgive myself."

"I know, Kane. I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. I'll post another to make up for it. ^_^