Ganked: Life Bitten And Taken

What the Heart Wants

Jason's P.O.V

"Riley!" Kane called out her name as she fell to the ground bleeding.

She had just run up to Kane, trying to get his arms off me, but I hadn't even noticed until the taste of blood filled my mouth. I had tried to grab Kane from my side where he was trying to keep away from my teeth...but Riley got in between my teeth and Kane's body. She was so pale. Blood was everywhere. I quickly changed back into my human form and grabbed my pants I had thrown aside before changing into my wolf form and slipped them on. Meanwhile Kane had picked up Riley and taken her inside, I arrived in the house just moments after he had. He set her down on the wooden dinner table and began to remove her shirt.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled walking over to him.

He snapped his head towards me. "Taking off her shirt so I can see the bite marks you made! So shut the hell up and stay away!" He was frantic to help her. He ripped her shirt up the middle, revealing her wounds. They were big bite marks shaped like a U sideways on her right side. All I could do was stand there. This was my fault. I bit her, and now she was bleeding out. My eyes went wide. What had I done?

"What happened?!" Dr. Jansen ran into the room after being brought here by one of Kane's vampire buddies. He pulled out his medical kit and went to work when Kane finally stepped back, but kept his eyes on her.

"Jason?! Jason!" My mother ran over to me with Natasha in her arms, worry clear in her eyes. "What happened to Riley?" She stood in the big doorway next to me looking at Riley. I couldn't take it! How could I tell her that I did this to her? My sweet Riley. My friend...My first true love...I ran off into the forest, ignoring my mother's frantic cries for me to come back.

Riley's P.O.V.

I could hear growling and arguing. Where was it coming from? I only saw black.

"What do you mean?! I don't want her staying here anymore!"

"You can not move her right now. She's in critical condition. She has two broken ribs, a damaged kidney, and her heart was nicked by the teeth. Moving her right now could put more strain on her body and lengthen her recovery time."

"Kane, please. I understand that you're upset right now. We all are. But as the doctor has said, moving her will only put her body at further risk for a longer, more painful recovery.
Keeping her here is really the best thing for her."

Kane? Jamie? I let my eyes flutter open and I looked around from the bed I was laying on. Kane was angrily standing in front of a doctor and Jamie.

I took a deep breath, and groaned, my side hurting immediately. I put my hand over my side
and rolled slightly in pain. Kane was at my side in an instant.

"Riley don't move." He said softly, running his hand across my forehead, moving my hair out of my face. I looked up at his worried expression, tears developing in my eyes from the pain.

"Dr. Jansen, please-" Jamie walked over to me, holding my hand like a mother would do.

"Yes ma'am." He said, walking over to my other side and injecting morphine into my IV.
I looked over at Jamie. I missed her so much. "Jamie?" I tried my best to squeeze her hand, and she smiled.

"I'm here sweetie. How are you now?"

"I feel better." I looked around. "Where is everyone? Where's Jason?"

Kane removed his hand from my cheek, like his hand just landed on a stove, and he turned away from me. "Everyone is out looking for him. He ran off after he hurt you."

I looked at his sad expression, and knew I should say something, but what? "Kane..."

"Don't worry about it right now Riley. Just get some rest." He stood up and walked out of the room with the Doc.

I whimpered and shut my eyes tightly.

"Baby, what's going on? What exactly happened?" Jamie sat on the edge of the bed by my thighs and looked to me intently.

"I don't know I just..." I paused to keep the tears from falling. "I don't know what to do Jamie. For the last couple of months, I've been taken care of by Kane. I felt so abandoned after you guys left, and I'm not trying to make you feel bad-" I tried to amend my most likely hurtful words.

"It's ok. Go on."

"And in the time I've been with him, I've been healing. He's been there for me, never hesitating to do what I've asked of him, and never becoming impatient with my depressive mood swings. Then...he kissed me, the day of the Semitar Circle meeting."

"Do you love him?"

"Yes. I'm pretty sure. Anyway, I was going to go into the meeting, but then I saw the boys and I couldn't handle it so Kane took me back to the hotel room.That's when the boys showed up and when I told them everything that happened." Jamie looked down as if ashamed that she already knew this. "I was depressed for the two weeks following, then I got kidnapped, I saved a pregnant woman, Natasha, who ended up dying in the end anyway but leaving behind a precious gift, then I was almost raped and Jason saved me. Then...when I was outside with the baby, Jason told me he wanted me to stay with you guys, and that he loves me in a relationship way and then he kissed me. Then this whole fight broke out. But when Jason kissed me...I got a totally different feeling from that that I had with Kane. It was a stronger version of the emotion I felt with Kane. But I don't understand what it was! What I feel! I'm so confused!" I raised my hands to my eyes that were pouring out tears.

Jamie chuckled softly. "Oh Riley. You just told me what your heart wants. All you have to do now is pursue that feeling."

"Huh?" I looked at her, confused.

"You said you felt a stronger version of the emotion you felt with Kane, with Jason. That emotion is love, sweetheart, and you might love Kane, but you love Jason more." Jamie pat my hand softly.

It made sense. I felt a weight being lifted off my heart and mind as she said this. But a new problem came to mind, and pained my heart. "Jamie...how am I supposed to tell Kane? After all he's done for me. After I told him I love him. He's going to be crushed...And I still love him. Even if it isn't as much as I love Jason."

"Riley, it isn't going to be easy, nor will it be painless, but it must be done. You can't string him along. It's not fair to either of you, not to mention Jason."

I sat there thinking about this for a while, and eventually fell asleep thinking about it.