Ganked: Life Bitten And Taken

Disappeared...

"Riley." I felt my shoulder being gently shaken. "Riley. You slept through your alarm. You're going to be late." I groaned and opened my eyes to look at my mom who was sitting on the edge of my bed. I looked over at my alarm clock and gasped, sitting up.

"Shoot! Mom, can you call Kasey and Jason and tell them I'm going to be running a bit late?" I asked, frantically hopping out of bed and rummaging through my dresser drawers for some clean clothes.

"Kasey called me this morning. He said that he and Jason weren't going to school today, so you're gonna have to ride your bike to school today. Dad already left for work."

"What?Jason never misses school..." I turned back to my bed with my clothes in my hands and laid them out on my messy blue comforter.

"Riley? What did you do to your knees? And your hands..." Mom got up and walked over to me. I looked at my palms and then my knees and noticed there was dried blood caked onto them.

"Oh. I fell yesterday when I was walking over to Kasey's truck before they dropped me off. I guess I really didn't notice it since Jason's shorts are so long." The shorts were higher on my waist now from tossing and turning all night.

My mom sighed. "Well go take a shower. I'll call your school and tell them you'll be late." She said before walking out of my room and closing the door. I grabbed my cellphone and dialed Jason's number.

"We're sorry, but the number you have dialed is no longer in service."
I hung up and dialed Kasey's number, then the house, then Daniel and Jamie's cell numbers, but they all said the same thing. I felt my stomach begin to knot up again, but took a shower, thinking my stomach would feel better, but it didn't. I got dressed and threw my hair up into a ponytail, then rushed out of the house on my bike and went over to Kasey and Jason's house. I felt a difference as I stood outside of their house. I walked up to the front door and tried to open it, but it was locked. I peered into the window, and only saw sheets covering a small amount of furniture, and an empty house.

"They moved." I looked behind me to see their neighbor, Mr. Fremoore.

"Where did they go?" I barely managed to speak as tears welled up in my eyes.

"I don't know, Riley. But they were in a rush to get out of here. They were up all night packing their stuff into a couple of moving vans. The last one left about three hours ago." He looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "They didn't tell you?"
I sat on the porch steps and buried my face into my palms, shaking my head and letting the tears silently pool into them.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, rubbing my back.

I could feel more tears coming. People who tried to comfort me when I was crying only seemed to make more fall for some reason. "I have to go." I said quickly, then jumped on my bike and sped off to school.

I searched all day for the boys at school, but even Todd, Kevin, and Sean were gone! After school, I hopped on my bike and cycled down to each of the boys' houses. They were all the same. Empty. And their phones were all disconnected. Something weird was going on, and I wanted to find out what, but there were no clues left behind, and it was getting dark. So, completely depressed and sickened, I started my way home.

Why would all four of the boys leave like that? What the hell could be- My thought was interrupted by faint screams that could be heard from down the dirt street I was on...my street. I sped up, going as fast as I could on my bike. When I got home, my front door was wide open. I threw down my bike, tossed off my helmet, and ran towards my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's kinda short....But have no fear! There's another one right after this! ^^