‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

I love you's

"So... Are you two together or what?" Lucy randomly asked, glancing at Aiden as he held me close.

"I think so anyway," he said calmly, questionably. I gave him a nearly imperceptible nod that only he could see. He smiled so slightly that it looked as though he hadn't changed his facial expression at all. It made it seem as though we were truly meant for each other. My heart started beating really fast and it scared me.

I really needed to know what I was.

But before I could focus on that, I noticed Benji staring. Obviously Aiden did, too, for he stood up even straighter, as if challenging him.

"Stop," I muttered softly in his ear.

"I don't like him," he growled back, not taking his eyes off of Benjamin for a single second. Benji snarled and looked away. Only then did Aiden relax.

"He's not a threat, so calm down."

"Should I be worried about Marshall," he asked, a hidden implication. I glared at him. "We'll discuss this later."

"Fine."

"So, Lucy, are you a Jonathan together?" I asked suddenly. Neither looked too caring about the question.

"Technically. We're going to end up together anyway. Our parents gave us to each other: werewolf tradition. Speaking of that, are you a werewolf?"

I glanced to Aiden.

"Yeah, she is. But she lost her parents a long time ago, so she didn't grow up with werewolves. I'll fill her in one traditions and junk later. But that doesn't matter since we'll be getting married anyway," he said with a smirk. I smiled.

"Well, when did you guys meet?"

"A few days ago."

"And you're already planning on getting hitched?" Jonathan asked, as if shocked.

"It was love at first sight," he shrugged. "She's my Juliet and I'm her Romeo. You'd understand if only you could see her through my eyes."

"Hopeless romantic," his friend muttered.

"I think it's adorable!" Lucy complained, smacking him. I ignored them as they bickered as I stared into his eyes.

"I only hope you feel the same," he whispered.

"You know I do," I told him.

"But I want to hear it."

I had to think for a minute, not sure if I should say it. I wanted to, yeah, and it felt right, but it was so soon. Oh well.

"I love you."

"I love you, too, Gabriella."

I felt blood rushing to my cheeks. There were butterflies in my stomach and I rested myself against him.

Being with him felt so right...