‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

Locked Doors

“How was Rosemarie’s house?” Zach asked from the living room as soon as Nick and I stepped inside. Nikki squeezed my hand tightly and offered a brilliant smile. I smiled back wearily, not as confident as him.

“It was fun. But she had her boyfriend there, so it was a little awkward.” I was actually getting good at the whole lying thing.

Is that a good thing?

“Oh, that sucks. Well, at least Nicholas walked you home, though I’m not exactly sure why.” He seemed to be questioning it and I thank God that Nikki was a better liar than me.

“Well, you were saying that it was getting late and Gabby here lied about having finished her homework.”

Zach glanced at me and I giggled, looking down and pretending to feel guilty. I heard him sigh before laughing lightly.

“Well, she should probably go get it done now, huh?”

“I’m going,” I mumbled. I glanced at Nick quickly and gave him a hug before trudging upstairs. I closed the door and ran over to my window. I wasn’t entirely sure if he’d be coming tonight, but I had this feeling so I went with it. “I love you,” I mumbled softly, smiling.

“I love you, too, babe.”

I jumped and turned to see Aiden sitting on my bed. I laughed, walking over and sitting beside him.

“Give me a heart attack, why don’t you?” He smiled brilliantly, putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling him close.

“Oh, I bet I could get your heart beating way faster than that,” he purred seductively.

“You did just a few minutes ago,” I admitted, leaning my head on his shoulder. “But then you stopped.”

He attempted to smile, but failed miserably. I glanced softly at him and saw that he was only looking at my lips.

“I didn’t know if you’d leave me for going too fast,” he admitted, suddenly catching my gaze.

“No, Aiden. I’m in love with you,” I whispered, kissing him softly. He smiled.

“So if I hadn’t stopped...” His voice trailed off. I sighed.

“Then I would have lost my virginity to a werewolf.”

“Really?” he asked quickly, grabbing my hand. “Then you might have wanted it almost as much as I did.”

I took in a deep breath.

“Aiden, maybe—”

His lips were on mine before I could even finish speaking and he pushed me back onto the bed, crawling on top of me and kissing my neck.

“Is your door locked?” he asked in between kisses.

“Yes,” I managed to get out, pulling him as close as I could.

“I love you so much, baby.”

“I know. I love you, too.”

Nick had told me to be very careful, but with Aiden it was so easy to get carried away...