‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

Pineapples in Bad Places

"You little bitch!" Marshall yelled, lunging at me. I ducked and ran to the other side of the room.

"Calm down!" I begged. "I'll call Zach!"

"And I'll tell him you're being an ungrateful bitch!" he yelled, running at me again. Once again I just ran the other way. Luckily for me he wasn't so graceful when he was pissed off. And unluckily for me he was ready to murder me!

"Nicholas!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, praying he would come to save me. Marshall glared and stood silently before me, not moving a muscle. It scared me a little.

"What?" Nick yelled, barging in. He glanced from Marshall to me a few times before stepping further in. "What's going on?"

"This bitch is whoring around!" he accused, pointing at me. I glanced at Nick with pleading eyes.

"Oh, God. We need to see if you're pregnant!" he yelled, throwing a wink at me that Marshall didn't catch.

"I can't be pregnant!" I yelled, bawling my eyes out. Marshall glanced between Nick and I, disoriented.

"She's not fucking pregnant so stop with this bullshit, Nick. I wasn't born yesterday." He rolled his eyes. Funny how just two seconds ago he was trying to kill me! Honestly, who shoved a pineapple up his ass?

"Oh, what a relief! We should still make sure we go shoot the boy who stole her innocence...or girl. I don't judge."

"She's not a lesbian!" he screamed, not finding this so funny. I found it hilarious, but then my phone went off. Two pairs of eyes darted to me and my heart sank into my stomach. I opened my phone quickly and read over the message from "Stud Muffin." Hey, I hadn't put him in as that: he had!

"What happened?" was all it said. I glanced at my company before quietly typing him a message saying I'd talk later. I hit send.

"Who was that?" Nick asked, curious.

"Obviously Mr. I'm going to screw Gabriella!" Marshall barked. "You met him at school, didn't you?!" I shook my head vigorously. "I knew it was a bad idea! You're not going anymore!"

"You're not my father! And if I don't go to school I'll get sad and kill myself!"

"Oh? Then we'll work something out," he hissed, walking out the door and slamming it behind him. Nick stared at me.

"You hardly know each other and you already 'made love'? Are you insane?!"

Well, I think we both knew the answer to that!