‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

It's A Jewish Thing

“Oh, Gabby, I’m so glad you’re okay!” Aiden’s mom exclaimed, holding me much too tightly to breathe.

I smiled as all I heard was her heart beating so fast, drowning out her words. Aiden snatched me from her, telling me that it was his turn to suffocate me. I managed to turn in his arms and kiss him quickly.

“You do take me back, don’t you?” he mumbled softly, this terrified look in his eyes. I smiled, holding him even tighter.

“I can’t imagine anyone else I would rather spend my life with than you,” I promised, listening to his rapid heart beat. I hoped he wasn’t going to have a heart attack!

“Me neither,” he whispered in my ear, seduction laced with his sweet voice.

He tore himself from me. I reached awkwardly after him, but he just smiled while managing to dance right out of my reach. I pouted, but there was a small knock on the door before it opened suddenly.

I stood in dumb shock. What were they doing here?

My mother smiled at me, an uneasy look in her eyes. My father, Ian, was holding her hand. And last but not least, Leanne was holding Ian’s free hand tightly. She was staring at Aiden, which made me want to pounce on her. But she turned her gaze to me and smiled.

“Aiden, what is going on?” I begged, snatching his hand and tugging myself to his side. He grinned like a madman.

“Baby, you need to trust me a little more,” he purred in my ear, jerking himself free from me yet again. “Where’s my father? God, he can’t be on time for anything, can he?”

“Aiden!” I hissed, glaring at him. He smiled.

“I love you,” he called in a sing-song voice.

“Your shade of lipstick goes great with my ass, doesn’t it?” I mumbled dryly, rolling my eyes. He was such a suck-up.

He ignored me, but his face lit up when his father walked in, eating a chip. He stared at everyone before swallowing.

“I see I’m keeping everyone waiting,” he laughed, collapsing on the couch beside his wife.

I turned my gaze to my family, who were standing by the door. I wanted to know what was going on, but obviously Aiden was behind everything. And I didn’t like it one bit.

“Baby, you know I love you. You love me, don’t you?” he asked me rather loudly. I found myself blushing.

“Of course I do... So will you let me be within five feet of you now?” I asked with a bit of playful sarcasm in my voice.

“Oh, I don’t know,” he teased, smiling as he stepped up to me. “Gabriella, I want you to know that I have no doubt that those kids are mine. I just want you to know that.”

I smiled, fighting back the urge to kiss him. It wasn’t too hard since I knew that he was hiding something from me.

“And even if you weren’t pregnant, know that I would still be here doing this right now.”

I started crying when he, in one graceful movement, swooped down onto one knee. He reached up and grabbed my hand, kissing it softly, before pulling a small black box out of his pocket.

“Gabriella James, I love you so much. And there is only one person I love more than you. And that’s Gabriella Jordan. Baby, will you marry me?”

I couldn’t find a voice to speak with, so all I could do was nod feverishly. I crouched down in front of him and kissed him deeply. He managed to make us both stand without breaking the kiss and pulled me into his arms before finally breaking the kiss.

“I’m guessing that’s a yes right?” Aiden smirked.

“You’re smarter than you look,” I teased, embracing him again.

Nothing could have ruined that moment...

Except for when his mom screamed, “Mazel tov!