Status: On hiatus, got too much on my plate at the moment. Please don't give up on this though, because I'm not :( I've lost so many subscribers...sorry :(

Highmore Manor

Should've Listened

From then on the night started mixing into a blur, everything moved so fast.

Dancing, laughing, and flashing lights, people everywhere.

Drink after drink after drink.

I knew the whole time while I was still remotely sober that I shouldn't have been doing this, but I just continuously ignored the warnings. It wasn't like Chase had actually cheated on me, but it wasn't like I cared anymore. I was having too much fun to care about anything really.

"I know what we should do!" Callie exclaimed, waving her glass around in the air.

"What?" I giggled slightly at the expression on her face.

"We should go out and find some really, really hot guys and see how our boyfriends like it when we hook up with them!" Callie said, nodding her head slowly as she said it.

"Oh yes, we should totally do that!" I replied, drawing out the 'o' in totally. Callie giggled and took another sip of her drink.

"What? They think they can get away with stuff but they're wrong. We have to show that to them," she said, stumbling over a few of her words as she went.

"That made no sense at all!" I decided.

My head felt so fuzzy, I could hardly understand what anyone said to me and everything seemed ten times funnier then it should've seemed. I couldn't remember how many drinks I'd had in the past hour but I definitely knew it was more then I should've.

The barman thought we were great, he never once questioned how much we were drinking he just sat there like the creep he really was and laughed at some of the things we said, catching as many glimpses down Callie's dress as he could when she leaned forward over the counter.

I hadn't seen Chase or any of the others for the whole time and I didn't care. I didn't even know what time it was or where we were going to be sleeping when the part ended.

Callie was giggling hysterically to herself and swirling the orange liquid around in her glass like it was the most interesting thing in the world. The coloured lights were reflecting off her pale skin and making her look sickly and unwell.

I turned around and looked around the room, everything was moving in a blur and I couldn't make out a single person.

"Hey, don't look now, but those two should really get a room!" Callie laughed slightly nudging my arm with elbow. Ignoring what she said I turned and looked at the couple as soon as she had said it.

Two people, one an older guy with dirty blonde hair and the other a girl about my age with long wavy black hair and a skimpy little top and shorts on making out on the couches across the room from us.

The breath caught in my throat and I took in the scene. My heart was slowly being torn out of my chest as I watched him kiss her, his hand slowly moving up the inside of her thigh.

There was something in the back of my head that was telling me I should've always been expecting this, someone warning telling me to be careful or I would get hurt.

I had gotten so caught up in the amazing lifestyle that and all the opportunities that he had offered me that I hadn't really stopped to look at what he might really be like, to think that maybe the warning I had received were right and I should've listened long ago.

Seeing Chase kissing the scantily clad girl from earlier brought me back to reality faster then I was expecting, I was suddenly more sober then I had been all night.

I stood up and marched straight over to the couple and tapped him on the shoulder. He broke away from the girl and turned to me, taking a few seconds to recognize me and finally the realization spread across his face.

"When you said you would get to together with girls you hardly knew, I didn't realize you meant it so literally," I snapped bitterly.

"Hayley –" he started, going to stand up.

The whole room had gone quiet.

"Shut up, you jerk! Don't talk to me," I growled. "You can take your little slut, the fancy trips and expensive boats and shove them us your –" My little rant was broken off by someone strong grabbing me by both my arms and tugging me away from Chase.

"Let go of me," I snapped, glaring straight into the god like face and green eyes. I ripped myself out of that person's grasp and stormed back over to Chase.

"We're over!" I hissed and dumped my drink on his head then spun on my heel and stalked away from him brushing harshly past Jesse as I went.

And grabbing the fullest bottle of tequila on the way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short little one to fill in the gap xD

Yeah, so Chase really isn't all he's cracked up to be.

Hope you like it :)

Gen
xxx