Blissful Ignorance: In a Vampire's World

A little about Kris

"Kris! Breakfast is ready!" My mother called, but I was already bounding my way down the stairs, the smell of bacon wafting throughout the house.

I bounced off the balls of my feet and into the kitchen, almost running into Mom on my way to the kitchen table.

Mom just giggled, and put a plate in front of me. "Well someone's hungry."

"Yeah. I haven't eaten since like, five o' clock yesterday." I said through a mouthful of bacon and scrambled eggs. Mom always made the best scrambled eggs. Sometimes my friend Kevin would come over just for the eggs.

"I thought you ate at Ryan's house last night." Mom sat down next to me to drink her coffee. Ick. I hated the smell of coffee.

"I did. But Ryan's family eats dinner really early." I finished off my breakfast with a sweet glass of OJ, rinsed my plate and glass, and was headed back upstairs.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" She yelled after me. Typical mom.

"Mom!" I whined, walking into my bedroom.

Hi. My name is Kristiana Morano. I'm seventeen years old. I live in a small town in Nevada with my mother, Mary. My dad's not in the picture. He left me and Mom before I was even born, but Mom says I have his smile. I think it bothers her sometimes, but, of course, she never admits it. It sure as hell doesn't bother me that he's gone. Mom and I do just fine by ourselves. We live in a nice neighborhood, in a nice house, and I go to a nice school. Mom works at a family-owned diner on Nickel Street, with only Tuesdays off. She's saving some money up for me to go to college. Today is the first Friday of my senior year. So...I'm gonna get back to the story.

I came back down the stairs, dressed in my favorite black dress, with my backpack strapped to my back. My hair was a blond that went down to the bottom of my shoulder blades, and it really brought out my deep blue eyes. I've thought of dying my hair black, but I don't feel like killing my hair right now. I'm more of a goth/punk/jeans-and-t shirt kinda girl. Like a normal outfit for me might be a ring that has skulls surrounding it, three black and two red bracelets on each wrist, jeans, Converse, and a t-shirt that stuck to me and showed my curves. And I'm not really big on make-up. Some of my female friends (which are few) wear three different colors of eye shadow, eye liner, some mascara, and a pound of cover-up. The only things I wear are a little bit of cover-up, some black eye liner and mascara. That's it. But today, I opted for the black dress and big belted goth boots that went up to the back of my knees and black fishnet stockings. Of course, I had an extra pair of clothes and Converse in my backpack.

(The boots: http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chelsea_chik/Gothic/Goth-1.jpg
The dress: http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chelsea_chik/Gothic/lolitadress.jpg )

"Bye Mom!" I shouted loud enough for her to hear from the kitchen as I opened the front door.

"Are you going to Sasha's party tonight?" She walked into the entrance of our the living room, which, when you walked into our house, was just to the left.

"Yeah. But I'm going to Ryan's until the party." I looked out the door, then back to Mom, indicating I wanted to go.

"OK. Call me if any of you kids get too drunk to drive home." Yeah. My mom didn't exactly approve of my drinking, and no matter how much she wants to stop me from doing it, she wants me to make my own mistakes so I'll learn from them.

"K mom. Bye!" I said quickly before throwing myself out the door and closing it behind me, then headed for school.

"Hey! Kris!" Kevin waved me over to where he and the rest of our group hung out in the morning, at break, and at lunch. There were seven total. Kevin the sweetheart/goof ball, Ryan the ladies man, Benny the smart kid, Trisha the make up queen, Melanie the drama queen, Lilly the chill chick, and me the unlabeled. I've known Kevin and Ryan practically all my life, and their parents are Mom's best friends.

I happily walked over, smiling when I noticed him checking me out.

"Nice dress, Morano." Ryan said coolly. He always called me by my last name for some reason.

"Why thank you." I curtsied, and smiled sweetly when I stood back up. "We're still going to your house after school, right? Until the party at least."

"Of course." He wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me into him, smirking sexily. "But, if you want, we could just stay at my house instead of going to the party." Ryan's had a crush on me since I grew boobs, but I didn't like him that way....Still, it didn't stop him from hitting on me.

I sighed and pushed myself away from him, rolling my eyes. "You're going to pass up free alcohol? What a shocker."

"I would, if it's for you, beautiful." He was still trying to be sexy.

"Yeah uh no." I fake smiled. "Anyway. I'll meet you guys here later. I gotta get to class." I waved to everyone before walking to class.

"Morano stop touching the stereo!" Ryan yelled over the Metallica that I turned on when I got tired of his techno music. It's not that I didn't like it, I just wasn't in the mood for it. He reached towards the stereo, but I grabbed his hand and pulled it into my side, holding it there so he couldn't move it while his other hand was on the steering wheel. He had a brand new '09 Challenger SRT8 with a 6.1 liter hemi engine, black with darker black racing stripes. It was my dream car, and the little rich boy had it. Lucky for me, though, he likes to drive me around in it. Even let me drive it every once in a while.

(the car: http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/chelsea_chik/Truck%20and%20Car%20stuff/BlackChallenger08.jpg )

"Please Ryan? I really wanna hear this." I gave him my sweet puppy dog eyes no one could resist.

Ryan glanced at me quickly, then put his eyes back on the road, laced his fingers with mine, and smirked. "Fine."

I just smiled and let him be happy so I could be happy listening to my music until we got to his house. Yes, as you can imagine, it was pretty big and flashy. Ryan's family was rich and their house showed it. It was a ten thousand square-foot home on ten acres with a big pool and tennis and basketball court in the backyard, and the front of their house was nicely decorated with a fountain, a brick path, green grass, and gorgeous rose bushes, not to mention the orange trees that lined the house and gave out a wonderful aroma.

We pulled into his garage, and I sighed sadly. If I could, I would live in his car.

"Don't worry, Mo. I'll take you for another ride soon enough." Ryan leaned in close to me, his voice getting to a whisper as he got closer, only centimeters from my lips before I let go of his hand and pushed him back.

"As if." I rolled my eyes and smiled, getting out of the car. I closed the door and walked into his house. "Hello!" I called, making my way to the kitchen where his mom usually was.

"Mo! That was so cold!" Ryan said, walking into the house.

I sighed and entered the kitchen. "Mom!" I smiled, seeing the pretty brunette washing dishes.

She turned around, grabbing a dish towel to dry her hands. "Hey Krissy!" She smiled and walked over to me to hug me. "How was school?" She asked, pulling back to look at me.

"It was fine. Ryan got some more numbers." I pointed my thumb at her son who was behind me, then over to the table to sit down.

I didn't have to look at him to know he was rolling his eyes, and he sighed. "It's getting kind of annoying. Those damn freshman girls just won't leave me alone." He walked over to the table as well and sat down in the chair next to me.

His mother just giggled. "Oh poor baby." She kissed his head then went to the pantry. "I thought you boys like the younger girls anyway."

"Not when they're freshman. Those girls are just too immature." Ryan waved his hand like he was shooing a fly.

Kate, Ryan's mom, walked over to the island in the middle of the big kitchen and put some crackers on a plate, then got a block of cheese and cut slices for the crackers and put the tray on the table for me and Ryan. "Oh, and you're SOOO mature." She teased, ruffling his hair.

I laughed softly and nibbled on some cheese and crackers.

"Yes. Actually. I'm very mature." Ryan took a cracker and put some cheese on it, then stuffed it in his mouth.

I put my hand in front of my mouth, keeping it closed while I laughed harder.

"Shut up, Mo!" Ryan gently pushed me, making me rock in my chair.

"Do you kids want to eat before or at the party?" Kate was looking through the fridge now.

"Before. Knowing Sasha, she'll only have celery and carrot sticks for snacks." I said, finishing my second cracker.

"Oh come on, Kris be nice. I know you don't really like the rich-bitch cheerleader types, but she DID invite you so you can at least not make fun of her." Ryan looked at me lazily.

"She only invited me because she knows if she didn't I'd be here watching movies with you and Kevin, the two boys she wants there the most." I didn't like her too much. The boys, of course, didn't see the vicious man-eater I saw that hid behind the pretty blond-dyed hair and make-up covered mask. She was after my two best friends, and I guess I could see why. Kevin was the hot athletic boy who was 6'2", muscled, dark brown hair that perfectly rested over his face to cover at least one of his gorgeous green eyes, and Ryan was the smooth, also tall and muscled guy, with dark brown (almost black) hair that complimented his blue-green eyes.

"Really?" Ryan sounded interested, raising one eye brow and running a hand through his hair.

"Don't get a big head." I rolled my eyes.

"I hope you guys don't mind having spaghetti and a salad." Kate pulled out a pot from a cabinet under the stove, and started putting water in it.

"I love your spaghetti!" I smiled, then got up, kissed Kate's cheek, then headed for Ryan's room.

Ryan followed me. "I'm gonna beat you this time." He whispered in my ear.

"You wish." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. ^_^